How to Thank Donors So They Really Feel Thanked: Donor Love Techniques that Work
A Whopping 90% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
When you thank your donors -- and thank them well -- you raise a lot more money. That’s because successful fundraising is about building relationships. Donors who are properly thanked stay with you longer, are more likely to increase their giving, and more likely to tell others about you.
Discover the proven, practical steps to a thanking program that keeps your donors connected and satisfied, based on decades of experience and testing.
What You Will Learn from this Recorded Nonprofit Webinar
- Why thanking your donors -- and doing it well -- makes all the difference
- How the donor retention crisis is sinking many nonprofits, and how you can easily beat the trend.
- Your mother was right: “Thank you” is a magic phrase
- Fundraising is relationship building
- Acknowledging: The front line of great thanking
- How to acknowledge through the mail: all the things you must do
- How to acknowledge online giving
- The surprising art of thanking donors so they’re eager to give again
- Through the mail
- By phone
- Donor Milestones (this is mind-blowing!)
- Straight talk about asking while thanking
- Building the relationship beyond the thank-you: reporting back
- Donor care letters
- Other thrilling ways of telling your donors they’re awesome
- For donor-love ninjas: How to thank even while you’re asking
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Samples of some all-star thank-you letters
- Worksheet for creating excellent thank yous
- Samples of well-built acknowledgment forms
- Checklist: Critical things to remember when writing an acknowledgment or thank-you message
- Webinar Slides
About Your Topic Expert
Jeff is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- Has been writing fundraising for more than 30 years: newsletters, direct mail, digital, broadcast ...
- Was part of the team that researched and refined the first true donor newsletters back in the 1990s. Ask about the “Domain Formula.”
- Is the author of 3 books on fundraising, Including The Fundraiser’s Guide to Irresistible Communications
Jeff Brooks has served the nonprofit community for more than 25 years, working as a writer and creative director on behalf of large and small nonprofits, including CARE, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, World Vision, Feeding America, Project HOPE, and dozens of urban rescue missions and Salvation Army divisions. He has planned and executed hundreds of campaigns in direct mail, print, radio, the internet, and other media that have motivated millions of donors to help make the world a better place.
He blogs at futurefundraisingnow.com, and is the author of three books: The Fundraiser's Guide to Irresistible Communications, The Money-Raising Nonprofit Brand, and How to Turn Your Words into Money. He lives in Seattle.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“The presenter laid out what to do in easy, attainable steps that even small nonprofits can handle.”
Kathleen Alter, The Community Foundation DeKalb County
“We are a small nonprofit and this webinar provided some easy-to-use and clear tools for ensuring that we acknowledge our donors and improve retention! Thank you!”
Raio Krishnayya, Center for Victim and Human Rights
“Jeff gave us several interesting insights and several definitive "dos" and "don'ts". Well worth the time and cost.”
Dick Burk, Arlington Academy of Hope
“This course was fantastic. It was an accumulation of other donor relationship courses with the bonus of tangible practices. These practices are clear and a little outside of the box of what I had learned in other classes. I have learned a great deal, and this course left me excited about the possibilities of acknowledgment, and thank you letters.”
Angela Satcher, NECHAMA.
“Presenter was relaxed, unhurried, clear, his materials were excellent. The pace was just right, and the info was top-notch.”
Patricia Wipfler, Hand in Hand Parenting
"Jeff Brooks is very knowledgeable on the donor thank you process. His suggestions allow for attainable goals. Thanks Jeff!”
Nichole Palmer, Friendship Home
“I found this webinar to be informative and a great place to jump off of with regards to acknowledging and thanking donors!”
Sara Jaffe, Wolf Trap Foundation
“I've been fundraising for many years, but even with years behind me, a refresher is always worth the time as we can forget some of the details that become habit.”
Mindy Kolin, McKamey Animal Center
“While my organization already does a pretty good thanking our donors, I picked up several good ideas and plan to implement them in the near future.”
Erick Smith, Muttville.
“Amazing webinars with extremely knowledgeable presenters that give plenty of relevant and easy-to-understand information.”
Andrew Schlerf, Catholic Charities San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
“Love how very specific this and other webinars are, with great use-today, hands-on tools! Thank you!”
Michelle Witte, LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS MINNESOTA
“Jeff did an amazing job with this seminar! Very clear and concise information. Went at a very good pace, and it was all valuable. No filler!”
Luis Barcelo, Teen Lifeline
“This was a fantastic webinar! I am new to fundraising and Jeff made it very easy to understand for everyone! Lots of very good advice!”
Emily Stribling, AIA Dallas.
“I wasn't sure what to expect coming into this webinar, but I was blown away by Jeff's knowledge and his ability to package that knowledge in a very digestible format. I feel very inspired, empowered and capable of making immediate changes to our donor thank-you techniques. I will definitely be looking for more webinars by Jeff and CharityHowTo has really earned my trust as a place for reliable and usable information!”
Georgette Verdin, Interrobang Theatre Project
“This webinar gave me great ideas on different methods of thanking donors. It helped me see gifts from the donor's eyes.”
Charlotte Griffin, St. Michael's Episcopal Church
For more on nonprofit donor relationships and acquisition, check out these webinars.