You’ve probably struggled with finding the right candidates for your fundraising positions. If you’re anything like me, you’ve turned over a lot of rocks hoping to find the best fit. Between trial and error as well as best practices from HR and management theorists, this webinar recording will take you from how to find and recruit the best candidates to how to ensure the right fit to get them started on the right foot. You’ll learn from the mistakes that I’ve made and others have made to ensure that you are prepared to build your rock star team of fundraisers.
Over the last 20+ years, I’ve been on both sides of the interview table but have now built an amazing team of fundraisers (all of whom are still on the team!) and helped other nonprofits with their hiring processes. I’ve had the perspective and experience of a hiring manager, board member, and colleague in the recruiting and hiring process.
During this webinar recording, I will share my collective experience to help you hire amazing fundraising staff to reduce staff turnover and increase your nonprofit income! Join me!
During This Nonprofit Webinar Recording You Will Learn:
- How to write a job description that works! Clearly and effectively identify your ideal candidate profile and sell the position
- How to develop recruiting strategies that make great hires come to you
- How to develop interview questions and scenarios that will help you pick the best candidate
- How to read the resume “story” of your candidates and ask the right questions of references to get the full picture
- How to identify the diamond-in-the-rough who will become your top performer by demystifying transferable skills
- How to chart the first 90 days for your new hire from initial onboarding, to goal setting, and a feedback loop
- How to establish a professional development plan that keeps them moving forward
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Job description templates for the most common fundraising job types
- Fundraiser Recruitment Plan template
- The Ultimate Fundraiser New Hire Checklist for Awesome Onboarding
- The Webinar Slides
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar Recording:
“The webinar on hiring amazing fundraising staff provided a LOT of useful information about hiring in general, and also tailored information to hiring and retaining development staff. A great deal of information was covered in a short time, numerous additional questions were answered, and I would highly recommend this webinar to anyone looking to hire and retain development staff - in other words, all non profit organizations. Thank you so much!”
Roger Falcon, The Disability Rights Fund
“Staff learned so much about what we have been doing correctly and how we can improve our processes.”
Victoria Kranze, National Kidney Foundation of Louisiana, Inc.
“Excellent presentation; good information shared!”
Diana Butz, Unity Hospice
About Your Topic Expert
Cherian Koshy is a Certified Fund Raising Executive and AFP Master Trainer with more than twenty years of experience. He serves as the Director of Development at Des Moines Performing Arts, one of the nation's premier arts organizations. As a member of the advisory panel for Rogare: The Fundraising Think Tank, he has written a number of articles and contributed to a number of papers on fundraising ethics, professional development, and philanthropy in the US. He was appointed by the governor to Iowa’s Commission on Volunteer Service where he helps advance legislation to support volunteerism and engage Iowans in volunteer activity. He is a co-founder of the Des Moines Fundraising Institute, a non-profit designed to instruct fundraisers on best practices. Nationally, he serves as a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals External Relations and Professional Development Divisions as well as a regular presenter at the AFP International Conference and regional workshops on fundraising.
For more on nonprofit leadership and management, check out these webinars.