Leading a team or an entire organization in the best of times is challenging. Leading during a crisis is overwhelming. Crises magnify the strengths and weaknesses of a leader. It is during these times that a leader is truly tested in their leadership ability and acumen.
In this webinar, we’ll review the academic and scientific research that forms the basis of our crisis thinking and how to make the next right decision for your team and your organization.
These are not general platitudes about good leadership principles. These are highly tactical, applicable strategies that you can use today in communicating with your staff, your donors, and the general public. You don’t have the time today to review and apply the relevant research.
This webinar will provide you the tools to transition between leader and crisis leader. Bring a notebook, you’ll want to apply these ideas before the webinar ends.
Cherian has been in fundraising for more than two decades including through the financial downturns and diseases but also through organizational crises such as lawsuits, sudden losses of funding, and provided crisis communication counsel to CEOs and EDs.
Cherian is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- Front-line fundraiser for 20+ years
- Succeeded in fundraising during economic and health crises but also in other crises
- Reading, research, and workshops on leadership and crisis communications
During This Nonprofit Webinar You Will Learn:
- How to understand the actual crisis you’re facing. Hint: it’s not Coronavirus
- How to overcome obstacles to decision making
- How to exhibit effective crisis behaviors and the specific strategies that mean the difference between success and failure
- How to make your organization resilient to crisis, protecting its existence, mission, and reputation
Bonus, when you register for this webinar:
- You get a free CharityHowTo account.
- Your slides will be added to your free CharityHowTo library.
- The webinar recording will be added to your CharityHowTo library.
- When logged in you can browse and add other FREE items to your CharityHowTo library.
- You can access and view your webinar recordings and slides anytime, anywhere.
About Your Topic Expert:
Cherian Koshy is a Certified Fund Raising Executive and AFP Master Trainer with more than twenty years of experience. He serves as the Director of Development at Des Moines Performing Arts, one of the nation's premier arts organizations. As a member of the advisory panel for Rogare: The Fundraising Think Tank, he has written a number of articles and contributed to a number of papers on fundraising ethics, professional development, and philanthropy in the US. He was appointed by the governor to Iowa’s Commission on Volunteer Service where he helps advance legislation to support volunteerism and engage Iowans in volunteer activity. He is a co-founder of the Des Moines Fundraising Institute, a non-profit designed to instruct fundraisers on best practices. Nationally, he serves as a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals External Relations and Professional Development Divisions as well as a regular presenter at the AFP International Conference and regional workshops on fundraising.