Have you heard the terms planned giving, legacy giving and bequest? Are you aware we are currently in the greatest wealth transfer the United States has ever seen? Are you not sure how to incorporate planned giving opportunities into your fundraising appeals and not yet ready to add on new staff?
Then this 90-minute nonprofit recorded webinar is where you need to be.
So often, nonprofit leaders and fundraising staff get nervous about planned giving. Can you relate, because you know it is really important but wouldn’t consider yourself an expert? Did you know that your nonprofit organization is potentially missing out on a great deal of charitable dollars by not talking about planned giving? Are you confused about where to start?
This recorded webinar is where you should start.
Susan Kahan, fundraising and nonprofit expert, is going to show you that even when you don’t have a dedicated planned giving fundraiser, you can start to build up your marketing messages to secure planned gifts for your organization.
She will highlight the basic giving vehicles, how and where to talk about them to donors, and build up your confidence to talk about this with your colleagues and board to ensure your organization has long-term financial success. step-by-step,
During This Nonprofit Webinar Recording, You Will Learn:
- A variety of planned giving vehicles so you feel comfortable talking about them to donors
- Where to include planned giving messages in your marketing and website
- Examples of how small (under $1M), medium ($1M -$10M) and large nonprofits ($10M+) promote their planned giving opportunities on their websites
- How to prepare to ask for a legacy gift in a donor meeting
- How to listen in to your donors for verbal cues that now is a good time to speak about a legacy gift
- How to review your database for the best planned giving prospects
- Tools to talk to your colleagues in other departments and members of your board on why this is so important.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Verbal Cues to Know Your Donor Might be Interested in Planned Giving
- Donor Meeting Prep Checklist
- Sample Bequest Language for Your Nonprofit
- Checklist- Where to Put Your Planned Giving Message
- The Webinar Slides
- The Webinar Recording
About Your Topic Expert:
Susan Kahan is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- She is a fundraising and nonprofit expert.
- She started her career in planned giving over a decade ago.
- She is a member of the Chicago Council on Planned Giving and serves on the Program Committee.
- Has a track record of helping nonprofits make smart choices based around their budgets and staffing to help them effectively raise more money.
With more than a decade working in the nonprofit sector, Susan Kahan is passionate about the power of philanthropy and helping organizations meet and exceed their goals to fulfill their missions.
Based in Chicago, Susan has experience working with major gifts, mid-level donors, planned giving, capital campaigns, and creating and executing fundraising strategies and events. Prior to founding Sapphire Fundraising Specialists, she started her career in planned giving at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) and continued to work in fundraising and management roles at AIPAC for close to a decade.
She then served in similar capacities leading the individual giving and major gifts team at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs. Susan is a graduate of the George Washington University.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Recorded Webinar for Nonprofit Professionals:
“This was a great overview of a complex topic. Very helpful to anyone looking for implementing practical steps to launching a planned giving program.”
Kaggy Holdeman, Assistance Dogs of Hawaii
“Thank you this was extremely useful and inspired me to take small/do-able actions immediately to put a planned giving program in place!”
Hallie Jaeger, Breckenridge Outdoor Education Center
“This gave me immediate resources and ideas to put into play right away.”
Jennifer AldrichMary's Woods
For more on nonprofit fundraising check out these nonprofit webinars.