Workshop Date(s) & Time(s):
- February 13, 2024, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm ET
- February 15, 2024, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm ET
This Workshop is Perfect for you if:
No matter the size of your organization, if you are thinking about the financial sustainability of your nonprofit in the decades to come, you’re probably thinking about legacy giving.
If you’re thinking about your aging donors, you’re probably thinking about legacy giving.
However, you still have annual revenue needs.
This workshop is perfect for you if you are directly responsible for raising money from individuals through personal solicitations. Everyone knows you only have so much time to get in front of your donors. So when you do, how will you maximize your time and talk about how to support the organization annually and for generations to come?
Join this workshop on the power of the double ask - asking a donor in a single interaction for an annual gift and for a legacy or planned gift?
During This Nonprofit Workshop, You Will Create:
- Personalized talking points for your nonprofits to persuade donors to give generously annually and by leaving a legacy gift
During This Nonprofit Workshop, You Will Learn:
- How to prepare for a donor meeting and what to do afterward
- How to develop talking points for your nonprofit organization
- How to make a fundraising ask in an authentic, genuine, and persuasive way using talking points developed earlier in the workshop
- How to make a double ask at a single time (major + planned gift)
- How to strengthen your planned giving asks and build up your confidence to seek major and planned gifts
- Practicing how to make a double ask for annual support and a planned gift
During This Nonprofit Workshop, You Will Be Responsible For:
- Participating in breakout sessions and solicitation practice
- Your positive attitude, vulnerability, and willingness to try something new
- Completing case statement form between sessions
- You must attend all sessions of this workshop to walk away with the intended outcome
If you cannot attend a session, you will receive the recording and bonus materials, but we strongly advise that you attend all 2 sessions to get the intended outcome.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Verbal Cues Your Donor Might be Interested in Planned Giving
- Donor Meeting Prep Checklist
- Sample Bequest Language for Your Nonprofit
- Checklist - Where to Put Your Planned Giving Message
- Case Statement & Planned Giving Talking Points Form
- The Workshop Slides
- The Workshop Recording
About Your Topic Expert:
Susan is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- She is a fundraising and nonprofit expert.
- She started her career in planned giving over a decade ago.
- She is a member of the Chicago Council on Planned Giving and served on the Program Committee.
- Has a track record of helping nonprofits become better fundraisers, build up their confidence with donors, and incorporate planned giving into their planning.
With more than a decade working in the nonprofit sector, Susan Kahan is passionate about the power of philanthropy and helping organizations meet and exceed their goals to fulfill their missions.
Based in Chicago, Susan has experience working with major gifts, mid-level donors, planned giving, capital campaigns, and creating and executing fundraising strategies and events. Prior to founding Sapphire Fundraising Specialists in 2021, she started her career in planned giving at the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) and continued to work in fundraising and management roles at AIPAC for close to a decade.
She then served in similar capacities leading the individual giving and major gifts team at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs. Susan is a graduate of the George Washington University.
For more upcoming live training to aid your nonprofit professional development, please check here.
If You Register and Cannot Attend One of The Sessions, You Will Get the Webinar Recording, Slides and Bonus Materials.