This nonprofit course will be offered in a bite-size learning format,
with lessons broken down into 3-7 minute segments.
How To Make Your Cause Memorable: Nonprofit Marketing Strategies and Tactics
Digestible, Snackable Bitesize Micro Lessons On-Demand Course!
To earn long-lasting support for your cause, it has to be memorable. Nonprofit marketing training of your cause in a strategic manner is essential for your organization to stand out for its work supporting a particular cause. This course will teach you how to communicate the unique differentiators that make your cause unique and worth supporting, helping your nonprofit make an impact in the process.
Join Brian Honigman, a leading marketing consultant, and NYU adjunct professor, to learn how to make use of key strategies and tactics for increasing the visibility of your organization.
The main objective of this course is to teach you how to uniquely position your cause and effectively communicate why it’s noteworthy. You’ll learn the four stages of the marketing lifecycle to understand how to capture and hold attention, turn that attention into action, and lastly, foster advocacy from your existing supporters to earn more of the right visibility.
From identifying the unique differentiators that make your cause and nonprofit one-of-a-kind to embracing storytelling, evoking emotions from your marketing, and committing to a consistent publishing schedule, you’ll be better equipped to reach the right people on a long-term basis.
Plus, you’ll learn how to more effectively pitch your nonprofit’s programs to the media, partner with influencers, and thank donors creatively to stand out in a memorable way.
If you’re looking to get your cause the visibility and support it deserves, then dive into this course to learn how to successfully make your cause more memorable.
What you will learn during this Micro Lessons course (In 5 Minute Lessons):
- How to navigate the marketing lifecycle.
- Set strategic constraints to prioritize your marketing investments.
- How to identify your unique differentiators.
- The process for embracing storytelling with marketing.
- How to match the content format to the message you’re sharing.
- How to evoke emotions from marketing messages in a thoughtful way.
- How to embrace consistency with your publishing efforts.
- How to highlight the individual impact of each supporter.
- How to pitch the media to gain coverage for your nonprofit.
- How to set up effective partnerships with influencers and other organizations.
- How to thank donors in creative ways to foster advocacy.
This Micro Lesson includes 5 Units and 13 Lessons:
- Unit 1: Cultivating a Memorable Cause (Lessons 1-3)
- Lesson 1 - Introduction: Why Being Memorable Matters
- Lesson 2 - The Marketing Lifecycle
- Lesson 3 - Set Strategic Constraints
- Unit 2: Capturing Attention (Lessons 4-7)
- Lesson 4 - Identify Your Differentiators
- Lesson 5 - Embrace Storytelling
- Lesson 6 - Match the Format to the Message
- Lesson 7 - Evoke Emotions in a Thoughtful Manner
- Unit 3: Holding Attention (Lessons 8-9)
- Lesson 8 - How to Embrace Consistency
- Lesson 9 - Highlight an Individual’s Impact
- Unit 4: Encouraging Action (Lessons 10-11)
- Lesson 10 - Pitch the Media
- Lesson 11 - Invest in Partnerships
- Unit 5: Encouraging Action (Lessons 12-13)
- Lesson 12 - Thank Donors Creatively
- Lesson 13 - Conclusion: How to Stay Memorable
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Micro Lessons Slides
- Worksheet on Setting Constraints
- Guide to Identifying Differentiators
- Pitch Log
- Pitch Email Template
About Your Instructor:
Brian Honigman is a marketing consultant helping NGOs, media brands, and tech companies succeed with their strategy around digital marketing, content marketing, and social media. Brian is an adjunct professor at New York University's School of Professional Studies, an instructor at CharityHowTo and LinkedIn Learning, and a contributor to the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and the Next Web. Named a "digital marketing expert" by Entrepreneur and a "top social media pro" by Social Media Examiner, Brian delivers strategic consulting, coaching, and training for marketers and leaders at the United Nations, People Magazine, Thomson Reuters, the Weather Company, Asana, and Sprout Social.