If You Register and Cannot Attend, You Will Get the Webinar Recording, Slides, and Bonus Materials
A Whopping 89% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
Don’t let the phrase “major gifts” scare you off. Major gifts are the gifts we cultivate and solicit one on one. Where we think about our donors individually and come up with strategies, communicate one-one, and solicit specific amounts either in person or through phone, video chat, etc.
Next to planned gifts, they’re the least costly and most reliable gifts to solicit, so every organization should develop a program of whatever size fits their capacity.
Join Brian Saber, president of Asking Matters and master individual gift fundraiser, to learn how to start a major gift program no matter what your budget size and how little staff you have.
During This Nonprofit Webinar on Mastering Major Gifts, You Will Learn:
- How to carve out the time so you’re not doing more work but more impactful work
- How to set goals that are realistic and clearly defined
- How to figure out the tools you need…and the ones you don’t (like a super-deluxe database!)
- How to develop a major gift plan based on your organization’s overall strategies, with the right role for everyone
- How to identify who to cultivate and solicit
- How to develop a program of cultivation opportunities to keep donors engaged throughout the year
- How to engage the board in major gift work
- How to start today!
Note: This training comes with a 5-page worksheet to complete during the webinar.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Sample resource development plan
- Sample detailed contact reports
- Sample simple contact reports
- How to Support Each Asking Style Chart
- Major Gift Prospect Load Calculator
- Sample Prospect Tracker
- Prospect Selection Chart
- Top 10 Ways to Make Your Donors Feel Special
- Major Gifts in Two Hours a Week Worksheet
- MP3 Audio (Downloadable)
- The Webinar Slides
- The Webinar Recording
*PLUS: Each participant will receive Asking Matters’ eBook – “Top Ten Tips on How to Ask for Donations” - as a bonus for attending this webinar.
About Your Topic Expert:
Brian Saber is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- He has been in more than 3000 donor meetings and closed more than a 1,000 gifts in his 25-year career as a development officer and executive director
- He has been studying the art and science of asking for gifts for the last 14 years as the president and co-founder of Asking Matters
- At Asking Matters he co-developed the Asking Styles, a system of understanding one's fundraising strengths and how they impact every step of the donor process.
- He has written three books, including Asking Styles: Revolutionize Your Fundraising and Engaged Boards Will Fundraise!
- He is a much sought-after speaker, presenter and trainer and has worked with more than 150 organizations, including the YMCAs of North America, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the Environmental Defense Fund, U.S. Olympic Committee, Volunteers of America, and the Arthritis Foundation.
Brian Saber, president of Asking Matters. Brian has raised hundreds of millions of dollars over 30 years by personally soliciting thousands of donors, coming to understand the art of the ask in a way that few people do. Because of his remarkable experience in asking, Brian has been able to break down the process of asking to its fundamental components, making simple what for many seems daunting. He knows how to persist through his own anxieties, remembering again and again that his success as a fundraiser makes a corner of the world a better place.
Brian has worked in social service, education, and the arts, raising money for his alma mater, Brandeis University, Northwestern University Settlement, and The Children’s Brain Tumor Foundation, among others. He is currently a consultant to various organizations around the country and presents, trains, and writes on fundraising and the art of the ask. Recent clients include the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, the U.S. Olympics Committee, the St. Louis Planned Giving Council, Volunteers of America, the Utah Society of Fund Raisers, and the Salvation Army National Resource Development Conference.
His first book, “Asking Styles: Revolutionize Your Fundraising” is a staple of development offices. His second book, “Boards and Asking Styles,” will be released this summer.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Fundraising Training:
“Brian presents his knowledge in a clear, thoughtful, personable friendly way. He's not stuffy! He understands what development is like - the thrills and spills!”
Amber Hasselbring, Nature in the City
“Brian knows his stuff! His approach to major gifts is logical, realistic, and doable!”
Tracy Pitcher, St. Paul’s Center
“Best online presenter I've heard. Thank you-this was worth the time.”
Liz Price, Habitat for Humanity of Chester County
“The webinar was very informative and gave my team and I, not only things to think/talk about, but first steps toward an action plan to put in place for our organization.”
Nanette McCann, Homeward Pet Adoption Center
“This webinar was amazing. CharityHowTo found a great speaker that can help fundraisers at organizations of all sizes. 10/10!”
Zac Felty, American Legion Auxiliary
“Major Gifts in Two Hours a Week was a superb webinar that provided great information and supplemental tools to empower even small shops to engage with major donor fundraising effectively. Well worth the modest price of admission and Brian is a charming presenter.”
Robin Wood-Mason, The Delores Project
“This webinar was extremely informational as well as confidence-building. We gained great tools that we will be implementing in our organizational fundraising efforts via both our staff and our board.”
Carly Silberman, Growing Gardens
“I thought it was excellent. Brian gave realistic and practical tips for getting a major gifts program started in a non-profit shop. Really great! Thank you!”
Cheryl Price, Ignite
“I liked the interaction with allowing us to ask questions. It was very personable. His openness about how he prefers to interact one on one helped me understand his feelings about large groups and special events. I may change our focus to one or two events a year now.”
Susan Mergen, Center for Human Services
“Brian was an excellent communicator with a clear handle on the subject. Passionate as well.”
Rachel Thompson, OneWay Ministries
“This was a great refresher on getting myself organized and confident to prioritize major gift cultivation as a regular, high-value part of my work week.”
Deb Cottin, Pete and Paul Community Services
“Brian provides practical tips and resources to help manage a major donor effort - from small to large. It's all scalable.
Jono McKinney, Montana Conservation Corps
“This webinar gave me a detailed lesson on how to start, manage and grow the major gifts program at my organization. I was impressed with the knowledge of the presenter as well as the worksheets and other material that can be used to really get started. Would highly recommend it to other fundraising professionals or volunteers on a board or fundraising committee.”
Michele Lofton, Coalition Against Hunger
“I found this webinar to be excellent. It returned development people to what really matters and where the most effective fundraising can take place in the least amount of time.”
Dwayne Aboud, El Paso Border Youth Athletic Association
“Brian Sabar's webinar was a great intro to what you need to do to organize a major gift effort. It's ideal for those new to navigating a system or looking to implement one. Brian is engaging and is great at reminding fundraising professionals to focus on the outcomes down the road, and to call on their passion for their organization/cause to generate excitement.”
Nevah Stevenson, Rowland Hall
For more upcoming live webinars, please check here.
If You Register and Cannot Attend, You Will Get the Webinar Recording, Slides and Bonus Materials