How to Create and Use Nonprofit Dashboards
A Whopping 86% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
Please note this is a beginner-level webinar recording. If you have very advanced Excel skills you may or may not benefit from the webinar and the Excel bonus materials!
During this recorded nonprofit webinar, we will show you step-by-step how to easily create powerful nonprofit kPI dashboards to help you communicate your nonprofit’s performance to staff, board members, and donors.
You will also receive worksheets for collecting the data you need for your dashboard as well as template dashboards that you can use for fundraising, finance, and program data.
Join Denisa in one of the best nonprofit training classes to learn how to turn numbers into pictures that create positive change in your organization.
During This Webinar recording for Nonprofit Professionals, You Will Learn:
- How to use dashboards to improve decision-making
- The right data for creating useful fundraising, finance, and program dashboards
- Review of dashboard examples and 3 Excel templates
- A step-by-step guide to creating a dashboard
- Walkthrough of creating a fundraising dashboard with Excel
- Walkthrough of creating a finance dashboard with Excel
- Walkthrough of creating a program dashboard with Excel
There have been many recent articles written on nonprofit dashboards, and for good reason.
- Dashboards are powerful tools that your leadership can use to make decisions.
- Dashboards can help your donors and grantmakers see how their investment is making an impact.
- You can use them to track fundraising results, assess financial management, measure program impact, to track social media engagement - really, the sky’s the limit.
Dashboards help nonprofits make better decisions by illustrating their performance over time.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Worksheet for collecting the data you need
- Basic Dashboard Infographic
- Examples of Good and Not-so-Good Dashboards
- The Prettiest Picture Wins
- A do's and don'ts tip sheet for creating dashboards
- A list of URLs for free and premium online tools and resources to help with dashboards
- Template dashboard for fundraising data
- Template dashboard for finance data
- Template dashboard for program data
- The Webinar Slides
About Your Topic Expert:
Denisa Casement is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- Has been creating and presenting dashboards for over two decades
- Has helped create hundreds of dashboards for small, medium, and large nonprofit boards and committees
- Has done data analysis and benchmarking for local nonprofits spanning 7 countries
- She will show you how to create dashboards that visualize key performance indicators (KPIs) for fundraising, finance, and programs
Presented by International Nonprofit Consultant and Coach Denisa Casement, CFRE. Denisa has 21 years experience in nonprofit leadership, strategy, multi-channel marketing, and donor-centered communications to drive retention and growth. She is founder and CEO of The Casement Group, an international team of experts focused on helping nonprofits grow sustainable fundraising with donor-centered communications, superior donor care and measuring what matters.
Denisa and her team take pride in their reputation for practical, real-world implementation driven by their years of “boots on the ground” experience. Denisa is an international presenter and experienced trainer. Her teaching ranges from the Fundraising Certificate in Ireland to direct marketing boot camps, masterclasses, and webinars. She has led donor-centered fundraising programs and teams across 7 countries, most recently managing an international team across four continents, from her home base in Tucson, Arizona.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“This webinar gave me the basic tools from which to create a new dashboard for my nonprofit. The information was very straightforward and I really appreciated the time to explain how to do things in Excel, as well as the links to other resources!”
Melani Kaplan, HODC
“In an ever-increasingly visual world, this webinar helped our organization take a big step toward greater relevance and engagement with communicating our key performance indicators.”
Wesley Tillett, Lafayette Urban Ministry
“Fantastic webinar! I am definitely coming out of the Dashboard webinar much more knowledgeable than when I started. The presenter was very knowledgeable and presented the information in a way that flowed easily from start to finish. I'm looking forward to trying this out on my next board reports!”
Alyssa Lee, Project STEP
“A good start and motivator to paring down mountains of data into understandable infographics and dashboards. Some planning and layout work upfront can result in many benefits for staff and board members.”
Catherine Alloway, Schlow Centre Region Library
“This webinar was extremely well organized, easy to understand and comprehensive enough to provide the tools needed. The presenter was excellent, engaging, and focused.”
Cynthia Goodale, Volunteer Eye Resources International
“It was very good, basic information. We do a dashboard, but this will help me rethink the metrics and amount of data to include going forward.”
Terri Freeman, National Civil Rights Museum
“I am a seasoned fundraising professional, however, I lacked the confidence and skills to build a dashboard. This webinar gave me the tools and confidence. Thank you.”
Nancy Jernigan, Partners in Sustainable Development International
“Denisa has a lot of knowledge about how to share data with boards and why you want to make the data easily understandable and digestible. Her slides demonstrate her words and are easy to follow and think about in terms of my own organization. Lots of great information and tips.”
Suzanne Attenborough, Palo Alto Community Fund
“This webinar and the presenter definitely helped stress the importance of the Dashboard, and helped identify the KPIs essential to understanding the work of a non-profit, when presented to the board, or externally.”
Rohit D'Souza, South Suburban Public Action to Deliver Shelter
“This has been one of, if not the best practical and thoughtful presentations on how to measure what matters and to present it in a way that can be distilled and digested by those who need the information. Well done!”
Tom Digman, The Digman Network
“The webinar provided an excellent overview of dashboards: their purpose, audience, appeal, various types, and tools.”
Bess Wilfong, Angels’ Arms
“This helped in many ways. It is overwhelming to look online for examples. I appreciate the clarity and the resources. I am going to check out the infogram website.”
Wendy G Rose, The Community Foundation of Pulaski County
“I love all the handouts so I can mull them over for all the different ways that my clients might want to use a dashboard! This capacity-building impacts people doing the work and the consultants assisting the on-the-ground folks!”
Elizabeth Archambault, Copper Consulting
“The webinar was extremely helpful in understanding the importance of whys/hows of presenting key data to your organization”
Christopher LaFranchi, OneReef
For more on nonprofit dashboards, check out these webinars.