Get Your Board to Give Their Biggest Gifts and Help You Fundraise
A Whopping 96% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Course Rated It As Great to Excellent!
Imagine how much you could accomplish if every board member contributed their best gift and was enthusiastically involved in helping the organization fundraise.
Well, that’s not going to happen unless you educate the board and develop a strategic plan for their involvement. You can’t just keep asking them to “solicit their lists” - it’s not strategic and it deadens your board members’ spirit and willingness to be involved.
Your board must lead the way in fundraising if your organization is going to fulfill its vision and have the impact everyone wants. That means a thought-out, formal board solicitation process and a detailed plan for how to strategically involve board members in fundraising.
Join Brian Saber in this nonprofit training on how to get your board to fundraise and get their biggest gift!
During This Nonprofit Webinar Recording, You Will Learn:
- Create a board culture where the importance of giving and helping fundraise is clearly understood and embraced
- Develop a board process that absolutely will raise the level of board giving
- Educate your board on what it means to be involved in fundraising as a board member
- Train your board on the art of soliciting gifts face-to-face
* Note: This webinar recording is accompanied by a 5-page worksheet to be used during this training.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Board Member Resource Commitment Form
- Anxiety/Excitement Worksheet
- Creating a Culture of Asking Worksheet
- Culture of Asking Checklist
- How to Support Each Asking Style Chart
- Ask as You’d Be Asked Exercise
- Find Your Own Words Exercise
- Get Your Board to Give Worksheet
- The Webinar Slides
About Your Topic Expert:
Brian Saber is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- He has been in more than 3000 donor meetings and closed more than a 1,000 gifts in his 25-year career as a development officer and executive director
- He has been studying the art and science of asking for gifts for the last 14 years as the president and co-founder of Asking Matters
- At Asking Matters he co-developed the Asking Styles, a system of understanding one's fundraising strengths and how they impact every step of the donor process.
- He has written three books, including Asking Styles: Revolutionize Your Fundraising and Engaged Boards Will Fundraise!
- He is a much sought-after speaker, presenter and trainer and has worked with more than 150 organizations, including the YMCAs of North America, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the Environmental Defense Fund, U.S. Olympic Committee, Volunteers of America, and the Arthritis Foundation.
Brian Saber, the president of Asking Matters has raised hundreds of millions of dollars over 25 years by personally soliciting thousands of donors and working with the boards of directors of more than 100 organizations, coming to understand the art of the ask in a way that few people do. Because of his remarkable experience in asking, Brian has been able to break down the process of asking to its fundamental components, making simple what for many seems daunting. He knows how to persist through his own anxieties, remembering again and again that his success as a fundraiser makes a corner of the world a better place.
Brian has worked in social service, education, and the arts, raising money for his alma mater, Brandeis University, Northwestern University Settlement, and The Children’s Brain Tumor Foundation, among others. He is currently a consultant to various organizations around the country and presents, trains, and writes on fundraising and the art of the ask. Recent clients include the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, the U.S. Olympics Committee, the St. Louis Planned Giving Council, Volunteers of America, the Utah Society of Fund Raisers, and the Salvation Army National Resource Development Conference.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“Brian is a very engaging presenter with thoughtful handouts and useful, applicable, tactical suggestions that can be implemented right away.”
Victoria McKay, Boston Society of Architects
“Brian was clearly very knowledgeable on this topic. His industry background and experiences brought great value to the presentation and in the tips and ideas he presented. I look forward to sharing this information with our board.”
Richelle Whiteford, CASA Sacramento
"This was an incredibly informative nonprofit webinar - Brian covers issues that I imagine we all have around engaging a board to fundraise, with clear and helpful elements to consider at every step."
Hilary Knox, NYO Canada
“Extremely helpful - he shared simple ways to get board feeling comfortable about fundraising. Gave step by step instructions and had great worksheets/materials.”
Ursula Washington, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston
“This was a 90 minutes jam packed full of information on how I can engage board members with critical steps I can take immediately. I was thrilled with the speaker and the resources provided!”
Sarah Myer, Indiana Sports Corp
”This was the very best webinar *I have listened to on this subject. I took copious notes, but also was so pleased with the fact that I chose this webinar because I'm inundated with work and thought I had little time to devote this afternoon. I must say that everything was so clearly stated, so easily understood... I feel energized and more knowledgeable about moving forward with our Board of Directors. Thank you for this very important present this afternoon!”
Harreen Bertisch, Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, Inc.
“The information presented was EXACTLY the kind of thing I need to help my Executive Director understand what I want to do with our Board. You know you're never an expert in your own backyard, so this presentation provides an expert my colleagues will be able to hear!
Katheryne Goodman, Rush Homes.
“Excellent presentation; very informative, heard new ideas that we will take to our board; presenter's clear expertise and presentation style (including taking questions throughout) were very professional. Will look for his other presentations.”
Karla Rodebush, The Hertz Foundation
“Webinar provided tips, examples and usable information that can be implemented to improve the workings of my board and organization.”
Caitlin MacKenzie, Washington Waldorf School
“It was very informative, clear and actually gave a veteran fundraiser some new material and points to use when coaching a volunteer.”
Karen Barter, The House of the Seven Gables
“Super helpful, practical information I can use with supportive handouts PLUS the presenter was even funny at times. A bonus!”
Patricia Aldrich, The Ipswich River Watershed Association
“Extremely helpful in reframing how we think about engaging our board at its fullest potential”.
Katherine Soll, Teens For Food Justice
“Brian opened the window to think about fundraising in a very strategic manner. I feel better prepared now to begin shifting the culture of our board in a personal and tailored way, so it is a more rewarding experience for all. Thank you!”
Robin Mansur, The Houston Health Foundation
“It definitely opened my eyes to different aspects of board training and building a giving and getting the program.”
Rania Mustafa, Palestinian American Community Center
“I found the webinar very helpful and it provided great resources and tools that I feel I can actually use”
Robert Ahlness, Broward Public Library Foundation
For more on nonprofit fundraising, check out these webinars.