Free Nonprofit Webinar: Asking Styles: A Revolutionary Concept in Fundraising
There is no one right way to ask for a donation. Some people take great care preparing well-organized and complete presentations. Others prepare with just a few talking points and then use the energy of the prospect to guide the conversation. Some people are energized by the prospect of tying down a gift. For others it is a great act of courage.
You have your own Asking Style, and if you learn to ask in your Style, you will be more comfortable, confident and successful as an asker. Are you a Rainmaker? Go-Getter? Kindred Spirit? Mission Controller? A mix of two Styles?
Join Brian Saber, President of Asking Matters, to learn about the revolutionary concept of Asking Styles created by his company.
What You Will Learn from this Free Nonprofit Webinar Recording:
- The unique strengths you bring to the table and how to apply them to the ask
- Which prospects are the best match given your Asking Style
- How to craft your Case for Support in your own words and Style
- What to watch out for along the way
*As a bonus, all attendees will get a handout on How to Support Each Asking Style
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- How to Support Each Asking Style
- You get a free CharityHowTo account.
- Your slides will be added to your free CharityHowTo library.
- The webinar recording will be added to your CharityHowTo library.
- When logged in you can browse and add other FREE items to your CharityHowTo library.
- You can access and view your webinar recordings and slides anytime, anywhere.
About Your Topic Expert:
Brian is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- He has been in more than 3000 donor meetings and closed more than a 1,000 gifts in his 25-year career as a development officer and executive director
- He has been studying the art and science of asking for gifts for the last 14 years as the president and co-founder of Asking Matters
- At Asking Matters he co-developed the Asking Styles, a system of understanding one's fundraising strengths and how they impact every step of the donor process.
- He has written three books, including Asking Styles: Revolutionize Your Fundraising and Engaged Boards Will Fundraise!
- He is a much sought-after speaker, presenter and trainer and has worked with more than 150 organizations, including the YMCAs of North America, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the Environmental Defense Fund, U.S. Olympic Committee, Volunteers of America, and the Arthritis Foundation.
Brian Saber is the president of Asking Matters, a web-based company that teaches people how to fundraise and motivates them to get out and ask for gifts. He has spent more than 30 years in the non-profit community, most of those as a front-line fundraiser for a variety of organizations including Brandeis University, Northwestern University Settlement House, Hudson Guild, and The Children's Brain Tumor Foundation. He consults, trains, and speaks regularly around the country on the topics of asking and, more generally, fundraising. He is the co-author of two e-books: Inspire Your Board to Give and The Asking Matters Guide to Selecting Prospects.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Training:
“I really appreciate walking away with some tangible activities that I can use to engage with my board of directors that will benefit our organization!”
Nanette McCann, Homeward Pet Adoption Center
“Great intro webinar, learned a lot about myself, my style of fundraising, and how to build a team that is well-rounded.”
Trevor Ackerman, Mt. Adams Institute
“Brian was very good, made a great presentation that was easy to understand. He answered the questions that were asked that made us feel important.”
Joe Gray, S.H.A.R.E. Agriculture Foundation
“I thought it was a very interesting webinar and helpful not only for my job as a Development professional but also for organizations where I sit on the Board.”
Sarah Anson-Ordon, The Everson Museum of Art
“The guest speaker was extremely informative and kept the attendees engaged throughout the session!”
Steve Hocker, Teens Run DC
“This was extremely insightful and understanding how to really help our board to be better fundraisers based off of their own asking styles and needs. Excellent advice.”
Casey Laycock, Cahaba River Society
“Very interesting to learn about the asking styles, especially being an introvert. All styles are valuable in the larger picture of the organization as a fundraising team.”
Charlotte Dickert, USS Hornet
“Brian's webinar was insightful, interesting and the content relevant for current times. I thought it was helpful to take a quiz that'll help determine my fundraising style so that I can better support my and my colleague's work. “
Tanesha Jackson, The Pension Boards-United Church of Christ, Inc.
“Loved how this seminar really covered the psychology of both professionals and donors and gave us a chance to better understand our own styles to leverage our strengths and weaknesses. Time WELL spent!”
Karen Nemiah, Fair Haven Community Health Care
“Asking style was something I could never truly figure out for myself. After watching the webinar with Brian it now makes a lot more sense. Now to figure out my asking style and put it to best use for our 501c3 and those we serve.”
Patricia Hubson, Country Heart Farm
“Of the many webinars and other professional developments I attend, this is the most practical and useful information. Well done! Thank you for sharing your insights with us.”
Houston Thompson, Olivet Nazarene University
“I attended a number of webinars and this was one of the best. I learned a lot about various asking styles and realized that, based on my style, I am exactly in the right role within my organization. Brian Saber presented an exceptional webinar and I will be exploring more from his website and books. Thank you, CharityHowTo!”
Crystal Parrish, University of Nevada
“This nonprofit course was excellent. Not only did I get a better sense of where I fall in terms of asking style, but it allowed me to rethink how I work with my development colleagues and donors, especially how it relates to their own asking styles.”
Joseph Haverlock, Race Forward
“Brian provided valuable insight on how personality influences asking style and confirmed that various asking styles can be highly effective.”
Cathay Michelsen, Untermyer Gardens Conservancy
“This was a unique way to think about how I interact with donors as a fundraiser. It definitely helped me identify some strengths and weaknesses, and will inform how I engage my team in the fundraising process.”
Samantha Castagna, Philadelphia Works
For more on nonprofit fundraising, check out these nonprofit webinars.