If You Register and Cannot Attend, You Will Get the Webinar Recording, Slides, and Bonus Materials.
This course is brought to you by a GPA approved trainer. Diane Leonard, GPC is one of only 14 GPA approved trainers.
Participating in “How to Successfully Tell Your Story in Your Grant Application” will teach you how to craft a compelling story in your grant application using all required elements of the grant application. From the abstract to the budget and all narrative elements in between, we will walk through how to create a consistent and competitive story.
Storytelling is not only a key to successful fundraising efforts with individual donors. Storytelling is also a key element for successful grant writing. While some grant applications lend themselves to a major donor style storytelling approach, every government grant application also tells a story to the reviewer scoring your application. In “How to Successfully Tell Your Story in Your Grant Application” we will address the differences in how to tell your story for foundation grant applications versus in government grant applications.
Competitive grants draw the reviewer into the need and the proposed program or project and engage them in such a way that they are compelled to advocate for the proposal. In “How to Successfully Tell Your Story in Your Grant Application” we will walk through the ways to include storytelling elements like client success stories into your grant proposals to strengthen the story your application tells.
What You Will Learn from this Live Interactive Webinar
● How telling your story varies by the type of grantmaker
● How your organization’s story looks and potentially sounds different between foundation and government proposals;
● How to use engaging stories in foundation grant applications;
● How to effectively integrate stories in government grant applications; and
● How to tell your organization’s story in character counted choppy online applications.
This Webinar is Perfect For You If…
● You are new or relatively new to the field of grant seeking; or
● You are looking to increase your success percentage and craft more competitive grant applications.
This Webinar Includes the Following Supporting Materials
1. A storytelling checklist for foundation grants.
2. A storytelling checklist for government grants.
3. A free 30-minute follow-up consultation with Diane about your specific questions or concerns about writing a competitive grant application that wins.
What Attendees Said about This Webinar:
"This was a great reminder of how important it is that we connect with our reviewers. Thanks
Tammy Carruthers, Chemainus Theatre
“Diane Leonard is a knowledgeable, skilled, and engaging presenter. There is a usable take-away from each of her sessions. As a seasoned professional, I highly recommend sharpening your tools by studying with her.”
Barbara Polston, Child Crisis Arizona
“As a seasoned grantwriter, I was skeptical that this webinar would have much to offer. I was pleasantly surprised, as the content was fresh, engaging, and gave me so much to think about. I'm inspired to find ways that I can continue to grow as a compelling grantwriter.”
Christy Moceri, Live Without Fear
“The webinar treated me in an intelligent manner while realizing that novices need easy to understand instruction, specific examples, and a welcoming and gentle presentation. All done with a "coach like" atmosphere aimed to send me into the grant writing game prepares (so I am confident) and confident to succeed.”
Diane H. Leonard, GPC is a Grant Professional Certified (GPC) and Approved Trainer for the Grant Professionals Association. Diane has personally secured more than $42.8 million dollars since founding DH Leonard Consulting & Grant Writing Services in 2006 in competitive grant funds for its clients. When not working on grant applications for the federal government, state and local governments, and private foundations, Diane can be found in the 1000 Islands, out for a run, or drinking a strong cup of coffee.