Mapping the donor journey or experience is the process of designing, outlining, and charting the engagements, interactions, and activities of a donor.
Workshop Date(s) & Time(s):
- March 12, 2024, 1 pm - 3 pm EDT
- March 13, 2024, 1 pm - 3 pm EDT
This Workshop is Perfect for you if:
Do you know what happens to a donor once they make their 1st ever gift to your organization? When do you ask them to become a recurring donor? When do you upgrade them to mid-level, major gift or eventually a planned gift prospect?
By understanding the various steps that a donor takes on their journey to support your cause, you can engage and inspire them at a deeper level. With donor retention being so low, having a clear donor journey for your supporters is crucial.
Mapping the donor journey or experience is the process of designing, outlining, and charting the engagements, interactions, and activities of a donor. The map is an official outline, illustrating how a nonprofit can deepen the relationship with and value of a donor through a series of steps. Maps may vary in complexity, from a step chart following an online gift to a year-long engagement plan for potential donors.
In this workshop, Jas will walk you through the process of mapping your current donor journey, conducting a SWOT analysis of your current donor journey, creating donor personas, and mapping an ideal donor journey.
During This Nonprofit Workshop, You Will Create:
- A donor journey map for first-time donors
During This Nonprofit Workshop, You Will Learn:
- What donor journey mapping is and why it's important
- What questions to ask before you start mapping your donor journey
- How to map your current donor journey
- How to evaluate your current donor journey
- How to create donor personas
- How to map an “ideal” donor journey
- How to start implementing your new donor journey
During This Nonprofit Workshop, You Will Be Responsible For:
- Critically thinking about the current donor journey your donors go on with your organization.
- Mapping out the donor journey for one of your target donor groups (such as new donors or recurring donors).
- Mapping the donor journey of new donors at your organization
If you cannot attend you will receive the recording and bonus materials, but we strongly advise that you attend both live sessions to get the intended outcome.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- List of questions to ask when mapping your donor journey
- Template for mapping your current donor journey
- Sample SWOT analysis and template for evaluating your current donor journey
- Sample donor profiles/personas
- The Workshop Slides (we provide these)
- The Workshop Recording (we provide these)
About Your Topic Expert:
Jas is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- She has 16 years of experience working with small, medium, and large nonprofits
- She managed a multi-channel, multi-million dollar monthly giving program where, by having a clear donor journey, she grew the revenue three-fold
- She led her last organization’s first-ever donor journey mapping exercise, involving all teams- resulting in some important changes, including a renewed focus on donor retention by all teams.
- Has presented at numerous conferences across Canada and the USA on topics including monthly giving, multi-channel/integrated fundraising, and donor journey mapping.
Jas has been part of the fundraising world for over 16 years, spending 10 of those at BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, where she led various programs that raised over $70,000,000 under her leadership, including monthly giving, a program that tripled in revenue during her time. Jas is now a fundraising consultant and works with charities from across North America.
Jas’ expertise includes donor journey mapping and experience strategies, fundraising analytics, fundraising program audits, monthly giving program development, and annual giving planning and strategy.
For more upcoming live training to aid your nonprofit professional development, please check here.
If You Register and Cannot Attend One of The Sessions, You Will Get the Webinar Recording, Slides and Bonus Materials.