During This Nonprofit Webinar You Will Learn:
- How to use engaging stories in foundation grant applications;
- How to use more than just statistics to tell your story;
- How to balance client and organizational stories with statistics in your story;
- How to effectively integrate stories in government grant applications;
- How to use personas in telling stories in government grant applications; and
- How to ensure that your story is consistent across all grant application elements and attachments.
Based on your experience as a grant professional so far, you have learned that storytelling is not only key to successful fundraising efforts with individual donors but is also a key element for successful grant writing.
Feeling comfortable with the wide range of storytelling approaches and styles that individual grant professionals have adopted and finding the right voice for YOUR organization and YOU as the grant professional takes time and effort.
In this live, nonprofit webinar, we will look at numerous examples of successful storytelling in grants and walk through specific examples where the storytelling could be improved. These case studies will serve as a hands-on learning experience to inspire a variety of approaches to gather and tell the story of your organization to different grantmakers.
As a result of this session, you will have a wide range of effective storytelling ideas and approaches to try in your own grant application work with your organization.
This Nonprofit Webinar is Perfect For You if…
- You have been a grant professional for 1 year or more;
- You have written at least 5 successfully funded grant proposals;
- You are looking to improve your grant writing skills to further your career; or
- You have participated in beginner grant writing courses, webinars, or trainings.
* Participation in a session like “How to Successfully Tell Your Story in Your Grant Application” or similar course is highly recommended prior to participating in the webinar.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Storytelling in grants worksheet
- Storytelling in grants case study summary
- Storytelling success checklist
- Storytelling resources guide
- The webinar slides
- The webinar recording
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“A few years ago, I attended a state agency's grant writing workshop. The takeaway was "please give us more stories" which surprised me. From then on I vowed to work in stories so that my government grants at least caught the eyes and memories of reviewers. The takeaway from this excellent webinar was that the whole application is a story and to make sure you are clear and consistent in that story-telling. I learned that there were many forms and levels of stories giving me many more options. Thank you”
Heidi Shaffer, Coleman Professional Services
“I have been granting writing for over 25 years, but never really thought about including an actual story in my grants. This webinar helped me see the value of storytelling in grants and gave me a step by step guide on how to do it. Highly recommend it.”
Traci Goff, Central Washington University
"The presenter was clear, concise and used great examples to help the audience utilize the tools being mentioned."
Cassidy Neely, The Adoption Exchange
About Your Topic Expert:
Diane H. Leonard, GPC is a Grant Professional Certified (1 of less than 400 in the world) and Approved Trainer for the Grant Professionals Association (1 of 20 in the world). Since 2006, Diane and her team have secured more than $61.6 million dollars in competitive grant awards for the clients of DH Leonard Consulting & Grant Writing Services. When not working with her team on grant applications for clients, Diane can be found in the 1000 Islands, out for a run, or drinking a strong cup of coffee.
If You Register and Cannot Attend, You Will Get the Webinar Recording, Slides and Bonus Materials.