Grantmaker Relationships - Expressing Next-Level Gratitude
A Whopping 95% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
This recorded course is brought to you by a GPA-approved trainer. Diane Leonard, GPC is 1 of only 25 GPA-approved trainers.
Grantmaker relationships are a critical element of a successful grant-seeking strategy, but many grant professionals wonder how you can best build on those relationships once you get your first grant from a funder? How can you authentically build long-term funding relationships and partnerships?
It boils down to the key question: “How can you express next-level gratitude for your grantmakers of all sizes and types (in a way that aligns with your own capacity and other grant-related responsibilities!)?”
In this recorded nonprofit webinar, we will discuss how to maintain and enhance relationships with grantmakers through the expression of professional next-level gratitude to sustain and increase your organization’s grant revenue. We will walk through unique success stories from several nonprofits as case studies to show how relationships can be started.
Participating in “Grantmaker Relationships: Expressing Next-Level Gratitude” will strengthen your grant funder relationship-building efforts and ultimately your grant funding success.
During This Nonprofit Webinar Recording, You Will Learn:
- How to manage and improve relationships with grantmakers
- How to develop a plan for communication and collateral types to utilize with grantmakers
- How to manage current grantmaker relationships
- How to transition relationships with grantmakers during staffing changes
- How to enhance existing relationships with grantmakers
- How to involve your grant team in relationship maintenance
- How to treat grantmaker relationships like individual donor relationships
- How to utilize board and staff connections in establishing relationships
This Webinar is Perfect For You If…
- Relationship development with new potential funders is not a consistent part of your current grant-seeking process.
- Relationship maintenance with your current grant funders is not a consistent part of your current grant-seeking process.
- You believe there is room for improvement with how your organization establishes and maintains relationships with its new and existing grantmakers.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- A grantmaker relationship outreach checklist
- A tool for managing your grantmaker relationships
- A next-level gratitude action guide
- Examples of relationship building and next-level gratitude expression successfully used with a variety of grantmakers
- The webinar slides
About Your Topic Expert:
Diane is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- She is a Grant Professional Certified (GPC).
- She is an approved Trainer for the Grant Professionals Association.
- She began her career as a grantmaker.
- She has raised over $95.5 million for clients.
- She has trained over 69,206 professionals since 2006.
Diane H. Leonard, GPC, RST is a Grant Professional Certified (GPC), Approved Trainer of the Grant Professionals Association, and a Registered Scrum Trainer.
Diane began her career as a Program Officer for a state-wide grantmaking organization and she continues to serve as a reviewer for a variety of grantmaking organizations. Since 2006, when she formed DH Leonard Consulting, Diane and her team have secured more than $98 million in competitive grant awards and Diane has personally trained more than 69,978 nonprofit professionals.
When not working with her team, Diane can be found in the 1000 Islands, out for a run, or drinking a strong cup of coffee.
**Don’t forget to check out Diane’s recent blog post about 6 Tips to Improve Grantmaker Relationships!**
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“The presenter is great in showing fundraising/development professionals how to put into a system best practices to excel in creating a partnership and enhanced relationships with grantmakers.”
Ana Diaz-Diez, Syracuse University
“Some excellent tips and ideas to move forward our relationships with funders.”
Lynda Kosh, Meals on Wheels
“Lots of helpful information that can be used for first-time grantseekers and experienced grantseekers!”
Ellen Skala, Food & Water Watch
“Being new to the non-profit world and the grant writing world can be a bit overwhelming at first. However, after taking this webinar I feel very informed about new ways to maintain a positive relationship with my funders and how to target new funders. I also have already downloaded the "Unicorns Unite" book to my kindle to help with building Epic partnerships, so thank you for that bonus information. I'm looking forward to doing more webinars through CharityHowTo in the near future!”
Glenn Turner, The Emergency Feeding Program
“Many great ideas which can be put into action immediately.”
Steven Stutz, FIAT Catholic School
For more on nonprofit grants, check out these webinars.