Before there was formal communication, there were stories. It should come as no surprise, then, that nonprofits should be leveraging stories as a strategic tool to advance important missions. Effective stories are powerful because they drive action: spurring donations, mobilizing supporters, and more. This session includes action steps, templates, samples, and instructions on how to engage your board in storytelling.
This content is a work-style session that provides a short video explanation and materials to help you actively work through this topic.
In this session you will learn:
- Tips on sharing your nonprofit story,
- How to use storytelling as a fundraising tool,
- How to build emotional connections with your audience,
- How to get everyone from your board to volunteers to program staff on board with story sharing,
- Gain insight on how to develop a plan for using storytelling within your nonprofit work, and
- How to use storytelling in social media and the role of pictures and video
Video – How to Tell Your Nonprofit Story
- Sample Social Media Storytelling Post
- eBook Storytelling for Action
- Storytelling Checklist
- Storytelling Worksheet
- Words to Evoke Emotions & Words to use instead of need
- How to tell your Nonprofit Story Action Steps
About your expert
Sabrina Walker-Hernandez is the President & CEO of Supporting World Hope. She has over 25 years of experience in nonprofit management, fundraising, and leadership. One of Sabrina’s greatest successes is that she increased operation revenue from $750,000 to $2.5 million over an 8-year period as well as being responsible for the planning and operations of a $12 million comprehensive capital campaign in the 3rd poorest county in the United States. She has also facilitated numerous workshops with hundreds of nonprofit professionals and is a master trainer for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. Sabrina is certified in Nonprofit Management by Harvard Business School.
She is an active community leader and volunteer in Edinburg, Texas where she is based.
Sabrina believes nonprofits enrich our world, and she works in partnership with them to build stronger nonprofit businesses. Nonprofits can achieve long-term success when they have effective leaders, sound strategies, and diversified resources.
This course is the first step in making you competitive in fundraising which often determines how well, how far, and how long an organization can run in its race to realize its vision.