Nonprofits in the U.S. employ 12.3 million people, with payrolls exceeding those of most other U.S. industries. America’s 1.3 million charitable nonprofits feed, heal, shelter, educate, inspire, enlighten, and nurture people of every age, gender, race, and socioeconomic status.
The coronavirus crisis has devastated the nonprofit sector. Not only are organizations of all sizes experiencing skyrocketing demand from people in need, but CDC recommendations around social distancing and shelter-in-place have forced many to close their doors and to layoff or furlough employees.
Right now, the need to support nonprofit employees and expand services in the face of the COVID-19 crisis is critical.
The good news it that with Nonprofit Employee Relief campaigns, nonprofits across the nation are raising money for their employees in innovative ways:
- The Pabst Theater Group asked their community to come together to raise funds to help their team facing financial hardships caused by the pandemic;
- The Ross Preschool is raising money to help teachers facing loss of income from other outside jobs;
- Goodwill Detroit started a campaign to support the 450 jobs in jeopardy because of shelter-at-home orders.
For the last 10 years, I have run my own business and trained thousands of nonprofits on digital fundraising methods via speaking, webinars, and online courses. In this webinar I will share with you strategies and tactics that will help you plan, launch, and execute a Nonprofit Employee Relief campaign so you can thrive - not just survive - in the current climate.
Julia is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- She has worked as a development and marketing director in small nonprofits;
- She is a sought-after speaker and trainer, giving keynotes and breakout sessions to nonprofit conferences large and small;
- She has been working in the nonprofit world for 20 years.
During This Nonprofit Webinar You Will Learn:
- How to identify a goal;
- How to figure out what to fund;
- How to raise funds for employee relief;
- How to choose a platform for your campaign;
- How to promote the campaign;
- Case studies of successful Nonprofit Employee Relief campaigns running right now.
- The Webinar Slides
- The Webinar Recording
About Your Topic Expert:
Recently named by Forbes as one of the seven nonprofit thought leaders to follow on Twitter during the coronavirus crisis, Julia Campbell is on a mission to make the digital world a better place.
After spending two years in Senegal, West Africa with the US Peace Corps, working with NGOs and local villages, she started her career in the nonprofit sector, in roles that include development, marketing, and program management. In her current role, through speaking and consulting, she guides organizations of all sizes on the best uses of social media and storytelling to build communities, showcase impact, and advance their causes.
Julia wrote her book Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits as a roadmap for social change agents who want to build movements using engaging digital storytelling techniques. Her second book, How to Build and Mobilize a Social Media Community for Your Nonprofit, was published this year.
Julia launched Social Media for Social Good Academy, the first online training course for nonprofit social media managers. She also founded and organizes the annual Nonprofit Social Media Summit, a live event for nonprofits.
Based north of Boston, Julia has happy clients spanning the globe from Moscow to San Francisco. She has provided keynote talks, workshops, and training to Meals on Wheels America, the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and Facebook.