Free Nonprofit Webinar: Boards & Asking Styles: A Roadmap to Success
Every board has a distinct personality made up of all the members' personalities. In today's times it's more important than ever for your board to be the strongest it can be, and understanding your board's individual and collective personalities is key to building that strength. They must learn to be a good nonprofit board member!
Join Brian Saber to learn how to use his iconic Asking Styles to improve your nonprofit board's governance and ability to fundraise. Learn the personality of your board and how it is impacting board meetings (especially today's virtual ones), leadership, strategic planning, and how to get your boards to fundraise. Understanding your board members' Styles will make your board stronger in every way. Saddle up - it's time for nonprofit board training!
Brian will also share two simple exercises you can run with your board at its next meeting.
What You Will Learn from this Free Nonprofit Webinar Recording:
- How to better understand your board's dynamics so you can improve how it functions and works as a team.
- How various leadership styles impact how your board is run.
- How the profile of your board impacts how it goes about strategic planning.
Bonus, When You Register For This Free Nonprofit Webinar Recording:
- How to Support Each Asking Style
- You get a free CharityHowTo account.
- Your slides will be added to your free CharityHowTo library.
- When logged in you can browse and add other FREE items to your CharityHowTo library.
- You can access and view your webinar recordings and slides anytime, anywhere.
About Your Topic Expert:
Brian Saber is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- He has been in more than 3000 donor meetings and closed more than a 1,000 gifts in his 25-year career as a development officer and executive director
- He has been studying the art and science of asking for gifts for the last 14 years as the president and co-founder of Asking Matters
- At Asking Matters he co-developed the Asking Styles, a system of understanding one's fundraising strengths and how they impact every step of the donor process.
- He has written three books, including Asking Styles: Revolutionize Your Fundraising and Engaged Boards Will Fundraise!
- He is a much sought-after speaker, presenter and trainer and has worked with more than 150 organizations, including the YMCAs of North America, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the Environmental Defense Fund, U.S. Olympic Committee, Volunteers of America, and the Arthritis Foundation.
Brian Saber is the president of Asking Matters, a web-based company that teaches people how to fundraise and motivates them to get out and ask for gifts. He has spent more than 30 years in the non-profit community, most of those as a front-line fundraiser for a variety of organizations including Brandeis University, Northwestern University Settlement House, Hudson Guild, and The Children's Brain Tumor Foundation. He consults, trains, and speaks regularly around the country on the topics of asking and, more generally, fundraising. He is the co-author of two e-books: Inspire Your Board to Give and The Asking Matters Guide to Selecting Prospects.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“Great information about "Asking Types" that helps you to appreciate strengths that another person may have, especially understanding what each personality type will bring to the table. Also brings to awareness how the asking person may need to adapt the donor type in order to appeal to them.”
Katie Sutter, Madison River Foundation
“The information provided about personality types was very helpful and the pace of the webinar was engaging.”
Catherine Hegarty, Community Renewal Society
“The webinars that I have attended have been extremely informative. I am able to quickly utilize the skills and knowledge that I gained. The instructors are knowledgeable and I can't wait to attend another opportunity soon!”
Rhonda Watson, America's Charities
“This webinar was hugely beneficial for Board interaction, recruitment and fundraising purposes.”
Tess Steffen, University of Saint Francis
“I thoroughly enjoyed today's webinar. It will help me to maximize the performance of my Executive Board by tapping into each person's strengths.”
Laura Troy,The Bergen County Technical Schools District
“The information presented today was so timely for me and my organization as both adding Board Members and Fundraising are two high priority initiatives for us right now! Thank you!”
Kimberly Carter, NAMI Geauga County
“The information Brian provided was an excellent introduction for those looking to find ways to understand the dynamics of their board.”
Spenser Crandall, Ivy School
“A terrific insight that I can use as a board chair to ensure everyone's voice is heard as well as how to best equip each board member with tools to 'make the ask' .”
Tara-Leigh Heslip, South East District
“This webinar achieved a tremendous amount of material we can work with, in a very short time. The visuals are great to help understand the concepts of different styles. There were practical suggestions of how to work with the Board on fundraising - partnering, breaking into groups of three to do exercises, how to get everyone to participate in a meeting. One of the best webinars ever!”
Cheryl Lasher, RISSE
For more on nonprofit fundraising, check out these nonprofit webinars.