New interactive workshop!
With Breakout Sessions, Worksheets, Quizzes, and Exercises
A 2-hour Workshop on Trauma-Informed Storytelling
Workshop Date & Time:
October 3rd, 2023, 1:00 p.m - 3:00 p.m EST
This Workshop is Perfect for you if:
This workshop is perfect for all the nonprofit storytellers out there, whether you're fundraisers, marketers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, or content creators.
Nonprofit Storytelling possesses an incredible power to touch hearts and minds. As we tackle the world's biggest problems, we are responsible for gathering and telling these stories in a way that protects, dignifies, and respects those we serve.
This 2-hour workshop will explore trauma-informed storytelling, a safe and healthy process for your beneficiaries, audiences, and even storytellers. You'll gain actionable insights and tools to tell trauma-informed and ethical stories that have a huge impact.
During This Nonprofit Workshop, You Will Create:
- Trauma-informed story-gathering principles, guidelines, and workflows for your organization.
- A Trauma-informed and Ethical Language Guide specific to your organization.
During This Nonprofit Workshop, You Will Learn:
- Why trauma-informed storytelling matters.
- How to use a simple but powerful storytelling framework that compels action.
- How to create stories that inspire awe and hope instead of pain and despair.
- Learn from trauma-informed and ethical marketing case studies.
During This Nonprofit Workshop, You Will Be Responsible For:
- Approaching this topic with kindness, grace, and empathy
- Complete in-class assignments and participate in discussions
- You must attend all sessions of this workshop to walk away with the intended outcome
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Trauma-Informed Storygathering Principles and Best Practices Guidelines Template
- Trauma-Informed Media Consent Form
- Ethical Language Guide Template
- The Workshop Slides
- The Workshop Recording
About Your Topic Expert:
Maria is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- Maria Bryan is a nonprofit messaging strategist and trainer who helps nonprofit leaders tell powerful and impactful stories that do no harm.
- Over the past 15 years in the nonprofit and public sector, she has trained thousands globally in person and virtually—focusing on trauma-informed storytelling and purpose-driven marketing.
Maria has a master’s degree in public administration, a bachelor’s degree in journalism, and is professionally certified in trauma and resilience. She is a firm believer that storytellers make the world a healthier, safer, cleaner, and happier place.
If you cannot attend, you will receive the recording and bonus materials.