How To Track Restricted Grants in QuickBooks Desktop: A Step By Step Guide
Do you receive grants that are restricted in some way? Do you struggle to complete grant spending reports at the end of a grant? Do you spend hours going through transactions and payroll reports trying to figure out which expenses were paid for from a grant? And what about grants with a budget by account that must be adhered to?
By simply setting up a few things, you can easily get a P&L for each of your restricted grants (compared to budget if you’d like!). See reports for your grants all on one screen and in real time! All of this and more can be easily tracked right in your QuickBooks software! It’s really very cool and will definitely make things easier for you!
We are very excited to have Gregg Bossen, a CPA specializing in nonprofits and president of QuickBooks Made Easy for Nonprofits, deliver one of his most popular webinars exclusively for us!
During This Nonprofit Webinar Recording, You Will Learn:
- How to and where to set up your grantors
- How to enter grant revenue
- How to point expenses to a grant
- How to allocate P/R to a grant
- How to enter grant budgets
- How to generate and memorize reports on your grants
- How to deal with future year grants received this year that make it look like you made much more money than you did
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Chart: The Differences Between Restricted and Unrestricted Grants
- Guide: How to Generate a P&L Report for All Restricted Grants
- Guide: 12 Steps for Successful Grant Writing
- The Webinar Slides
- The Webinar Recording
About Your Topic Expert:
Gregg is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because he:
- Is the owner of his own CPA firm in Atlanta, GA. Since 2000,
- Has been teaching QuickBooks seminars around the country for various groups, conducting webinars, providing technical support to hundreds of clients, one-one-one consulting, and offering industry-specific streamable video training
- Is the nation’s leading expert when it comes to nonprofits that use QuickBooks.
- Has taught over 4,000 seminars to more than 60,000 students.
Gregg S. Bossen, CPA is the owner of his own CPA firm in Atlanta, GA. Since 2000, Gregg has been teaching QuickBooks seminars around the country for various groups, conducting webinars, providing technical support to hundreds of clients, one-one-one consulting, and offering industry-specific streamable video training: "QuickBooks Made Easy for Nonprofits: The Essentials" and "Beyond the Essentials". Gregg is not only an expert in the program, but he is the nation’s leading expert when it comes to nonprofits that use QuickBooks. In total, Gregg has taught over 4,000 seminars to more than 60,000 students.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar for Nonprofit Professionals:
“The instructor was very knowledgeable, I plan to take one of his more advanced classes in the future.”
B.J. Burgess, Building Futures
“I'm an accountant that spent most of my career in Private and Public manufacturing environments and have used integrated systems such as oracle, however, being in nonprofit been using QB for about five years and I learned things from the webinar today that I did not know.”
Ferrel Percival, Upper Savannah Care Services
“Greg really knows QuickBooks and you will too after one of his classes!”
Jennifer Turner, Health Alliance For The Uninsured
“It was informative and I learned how to keep track of grants better than our current method.”
Zaragoza Solis, Communities In Schools of Laredo, Inc
“I felt like I was fairly knowledgeable about QuickBooks for Nonprofits but I learned quite a bit that I will start to put into practice immediately.”
Marge Millar, Keep Truckee Meadows Beautiful
Check out our other nonprofit webinars on Administration and Technology.