How To Advance In Your Development Career: A Road Map For Your Future
During this 90-minute recorded webinar, you will get all of the tools and step-by-step instructions needed to advance up the fundraising career ladder.
We spend most of our waking hours at our job but rarely do we ever thoughtfully plan our nonprofit training for how we will invest in ourselves and our future philanthropy career path. For fundraising and development professionals, this is even more so the case. With high job turnover rates in the profession, why not plan for how you want to advance and what your future will look like in an organization that fits you best.
During This Non Profit Training Course, You Will Learn:
- How to determine the next steps to find your ideal fundraising position.
- How to position your strengths and accomplishments to get recognized.
- How to create a cover letter and resume to brand your professional fundraising image.
- How to develop your nonprofit professional networks to help fast-track your success.
- How to identify and secure the best mentor to use as a valuable tool for your fundraising career advancement.
- How to find and vet a philanthropic job opportunity to ensure a good “cultural” fit.
- How to create and use a professional development plan of non profit training classes to elevate your fundraising skills and career.
- How to move into fundraising leadership, with or without previous experience.
- How to use social media to create value and to position yourself in the “market.”
Do you have a plan in place to move up the career ladder to your ultimate, dream fundraising job? Whether you are seeking a Vice-President of Development position, Manager of Donor Relations, or something in-between, this webinar will help you plan for your future by making the right career steps today.
- Determining your ultimate, long-range career goal and starting to plan for that position today.
- Using your networks to find the “hidden” jobs and to fast-track your fundraising career success.
- Finding the right kind of mentor who can help you learn quicker and advance faster.
- Learning how to brand yourself, both offline and online, to elevate your profile and attract your ideal development position.
As a long-time fundraising expert, Robin understands the importance of having an action plan for your fundraising career and she will help you during this nonprofit webinar.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Sample Likes/Dislikes Job Inventory Worksheet
- Fundraising Career Strengths and Accomplishments Assessment Tools
- Sample Resume
- Resource (Article): Top 11 Benefits of Networking
- Resource (Article): Looking for a Mentor? The 7 Best Places to Start
- Sample Fundraising Interview Questions to Vet a Philanthropic Job
- Sample Fundraising Professional Development Plan
- Sample Social Media Business Development Checklist
- The webinar Slides
About Your Topic Expert:
Robin is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because she:
- Has a twenty-five-year career history as a fundraiser in the field
- Moved up the career ladder from small organizations to larger ones
- Currently is a nonprofit fundraising career coach helping new development professionals excel in their careers through Possibility Coaching
- Holds a MA in Philanthropy and Fund Development from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Maintains the CFRE credential
- And, is an ICC Certified Accredited Career Coach
Robin L. Cabral is a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) with over 25 years of experience. Robin has raised millions of dollars assisting nonprofit organizations as a development professional, overseeing all aspects of fund development, from annual funds to capital campaigns and donor communications.
Robin obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology from the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth and a Master of Arts in Philanthropy and Fund Development from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota. She currently holds the designation of Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) and is a graduate of Leadership Southcoast (2010).
Robin is an active member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and adheres to the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice. She has served on the board of AFP-RI and the National Catholic Development Conference Planning Committee and Professional Development Committee. She has been a conference presenter, workshop leader, roundtable leader, moderator, and facilitator, and was an AFP-RI Conference Planning Committee Co-Chair. She is also an AFP Master Faculty Trainer.
In 2012, Robin launched Development Consulting Solutions to provide outsourced fund development consulting services and interim fund development staffing. She works with small to mid-sized nonprofits throughout the Northeastern United States and beyond.
For more on nonprofit career building, check out these webinars.