Cut Through the Clutter with your Year-End Fundraising
Partner Content Disclaimer
We are excited to offer NEW “Partner Content” to our nonprofit community from our highly qualified and vetted experts. Partner content offers a deeper dive into some popular topics to better serve your nonprofit and its mission.
Partner Content is created by experts in their style and teaching method and does not necessarily follow the CharityHowTo methodology of teaching. We are excited to partner with our experts in this way, and to offer their courses to our nonprofit community.
In this 4-session year-end fundraising course, you’ll discover new ideas to craft a successful year-end fundraising campaign for your organization based on years of research and thousands of fundraising experiments.
The year-end season is the most critical giving season for nearly every nonprofit organization. Over the course of 31 days, many organizations will bring in 30% or more of their annual online revenue with up to 46% of that coming in during the last week of December alone.
With so much on the line, how do you create an online year-end fundraising campaign that reaches the right donors, at the right time, with the right message – and brings in donations?
During this 4-session course, you’ll learn all of the essential ingredients needed for a successful campaign, as well as ideas on how to optimize each part based on data, research, and learnings from thousands of online fundraising experiments.
Module 1 - Introduction
An introduction to how important year-end fundraising is, how much potential it has for your organization, and the 4 essential ingredients to any successful year-end fundraising campaign.
- The key to ensuring your message is seen and heard
- How to best use a matching gift challenge
- How to raise more funds without a matching gift challenge
- How to use free content to lead to a year-end donation
Materials - Cut Through the Clutter eBook
Module 2 - The Campaign Timeline
An outline of 11 different emails you can send during the year-end season, showing you when to send them and how to make each one relevant.
- 11 different types of emails you can use to reach your donors
- How to use cultivation emails to prime your donors for a future email appeal
- When you should not ask for a donation in an email
- How to use relevancy to send more high-quality emails
Bonus Materials - Year-End Campaign Timeline
Module 3 - Year-End Email Optimization
A look at real case-studies and email fundraising experiments to show you how to craft each of your year-end emails to get more opens and clicks that lead to donations and revenue.
- 3 proven strategies to get more donations from year-end emails
- 9 field-tested year-end email fundraising tactics
- How to get almost any donor to give your year-end email a chance
Bonus Materials - Subject Line Heuristic Poster
Module 4 - Supporting Your Appeals on Your Website
An overview of different strategies, tactics, and tools you can use on your website to convert more of your traffic into donations – all based on testing and research.
- The key differences between your general donation page and a year-end donation page
- How to use pop-ups on your site to capture leads and convert more year-end donors
- How to support your email campaign with advertising
Bonus Materials - Campaign Donation Page Template