Using the Phone without Fear: How To Make Fundraising and Thank You Calls People Love to Receive
Picking up the phone is one of the most effective ways to engage with your supporters and fundraisers. But often organizations neglect the telephone because of a fear of being annoying or getting rejected.
This webinar recording will give you the tools you need to make calls your supporters WANT to receive. You’ll learn the practicalities you need to consider before you start, and gain everything you need to start making effective fundraising and thank you calls today.
By integrating the phone through every part of your fundraising program you’ll raise more for less.
What You Will Learn from this Recorded Nonprofit Webinar
- Why and When to use the telephone - learn how adding a simple phone call to your existing strategies can boost your results.
- How to get opt-ins from new supporters - ensuring that a growing list of supporters have said YES to receiving your calls.
- How to understand the different segments of your database for phone calls.
- How to prioritize your calls to maximize return on investment.
- How to build your call structure and script: starting from a blank sheet of paper we’ll develop what to say and construct the call outline from start to finish.
- How to handle a ‘NO’: you’ll prepare to hear the common responses and understand how to work with them.
- How to influence donors and personalize the call to maximize your response rates.
- How to make calls that DON’T ask for money, but still raise more for your organization.
- How to ensure your team is ready to handle calls from supporters that phone YOU!
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Generic call outline and script to help get you started.
- A list of standard objections and suggested responses.
- The Donor Response Spectrum - help you prioritize the right calls.
- The webinar recording and the slides.
About Your Presenter:
Simon is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- Top cold-caller in U.S. telesales company
- Founded and grew face-to-face and tele-fundraising agency, employing 100 staff
- Has raised over $50 million for various charities
- Worked as Head of Fundraising in a sexual abuse charity, growing telephone fundraising from nothing
- Has Coached and trained fundraisers at organizations of all sizes in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Ireland, and more.
Simon Scriver is a professional fundraising consultant, coach, trainer, Board Member and practitioner.
Simon has won Fundraising Ireland's 'Small Budget, Big Impact' and ‘Supplier Of The Year’ Awards, as well as Eircom’s Start-up Award. He is a TEDx speaker and has previously won the Toastmasters UK & Ireland International Speech Contest. A board member of a small non-profit ‘Making Connections’, he also sits on the Advisory Panel of Rogare, the international fundraising think tank, and is a member of the Institute of Fundraising and the AFP.
Simon also offers consultancy to some of the biggest and smallest charities in Ireland and abroad. He offers advice and training to non-profits to make their fundraising more cost-effective, speaking regularly at international conferences. He holds a Diploma in Fundraising and a Certificate in Fundraising.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“Extremely informative and tremendously useful tactics. Real examples used for complete clarity and understanding.”
Samantha Broughton, C4
“Simon knows this inside out and provided great detail, materials and reminded us to engage, actively listen and follow a simple path towards engaging donors,donor retention, etc.”
Christine Albert, OnePercent for Education
“This was the best webinar I have ever watched. Simon is awesome!”
Michele Sharkey, San Francisco 49ers Academy
“It’s great to be able to interact with the presenter during a webinar. The presenter of this webinar, Simon, managed to read and respond to comments/questions while keeping the topic moving forward. That is a fantastic skill. He was conversational and added a little humor and personality to the ‘event.’ He’s the perfect phone personality, I imagine, that I’d be happy to get a phone call from.”
Karen Safrit, Elemental Music
“Even as a person who has been in fundraising for 20 years I found Simon's take on phone fundraising informative with lots of little tidbits to freshen up my calls.”
Suzanne Sughroue, Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals
“I like how he broke down the process of a phone call with a donor. It made me feel like I can do that too!”
Ashley Schmitt, The Humane Society of Greater Dayton
“This was the real-world type of information, provided with clarity, humility and humanity, that we can put immediately into action. Thank you!”
Lisa Kalal, United Way of San Diego County
“This was my first webinar with CharityHowTo and it was well worth it. This was one of the few webinars that was both informative and engaging. I was not bored as I am with many other fundraising webinars and learned a ton.”
Eva Escobedo, Colorado Organization for Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights
"Making phone calls to donors can be intimidating but Simon Scriver broke it down into bit-sized elements which can be used by any sized development department."
Kate Zannoni, Cleveland Museum of Natural History
“Simon Scriver conveyed his expertise regarding fundraising in a manner that was easy to understand, relatable, and easy to apply to a company's campaign.”
Valencia Wood, The Mandala School
“Even on a day filled with all kinds of pressures taking part in this webinar was well worth the time and cost. It was enjoyable, motivating to listen whether you've been doing this for a short time or to refresh those who've been at this for a while.”
Eileen Bohrer, The Schechter School of Long Island
“Simon offered practical advice...I can't wait to soak it all in and prepare for my next round of calls. Even if I get a string of "no's" I'm going to feel supported by what I just was reminded of. Thank you, Simon.”
Mary Rottschafer, Critter Barn
“I've been a fundraiser for 30+ years and I learned a few new tips from Simon Scriver. Thanks!”
Ann Actor, Lowell Observatory
For more on nonprofit donor relationships and acquisition, check out these webinars.