A Whopping 90% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
Picking up the phone is one of the most effective ways to engage with your supporters and fundraisers. But often organizations neglect the telephone because of a fear of being annoying or getting rejected.
This webinar recording will give you the tools you need to make calls your supporters WANT to receive. You’ll learn the practicalities you need to consider before you start, and gain everything you need to start making effective fundraising and thank you calls today.
By integrating the phone through every part of your fundraising program you’ll raise more for less.
What You Will Learn from this Recorded Nonprofit Webinar
- Why and When to use the telephone - learn how adding a simple phone call to your existing strategies can boost your results.
- How to get opt-ins from new supporters - ensuring that a growing list of supporters have said YES to receiving your calls.
- How to understand the different segments of your database for phone calls.
- How to prioritize your calls to maximize return on investment.
- How to build your call structure and script: starting from a blank sheet of paper we’ll develop what to say and construct the call outline from start to finish.
- How to handle a ‘NO’: you’ll prepare to hear the common responses and understand how to work with them.
- How to influence donors and personalize the call to maximize your response rates.
- How to make calls that DON’T ask for money, but still raise more for your organization.
- How to ensure your team is ready to handle calls from supporters that phone YOU!
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Generic call outline and script to help get you started.
- A list of standard objections and suggested responses.
- The Donor Response Spectrum - help you prioritize the right calls.
- The webinar recording and the slides.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“This was the best webinar I have ever watched. Simon is awesome!”
Michele Sharkey, San Francisco 49ers Academy
“I appreciated receiving real-life examples and stats that I can share with my Board and volunteers.”
“It’s great to be able to interact with the presenter during a webinar. The presenter of this webinar, Simon, managed to read and respond to comments/questions while keeping the topic moving forward. That is a fantastic skill. He was conversational and added a little humor and personality to the ‘event.’ He’s the perfect phone personality, I imagine, that I’d be happy to get a phone call from.”
Karen Safrit, Elemental Music
“Terrific presentation! Simon is very knowledgeable”
Mary MacFarlane, Plimoth Plantation
“Even as a person who has been in fundraising for 20 years I found Simon's take on phone fundraising informative with lots of little tidbits to freshen up my calls.”
Suzanne Sughroue, Madonna Rehabilitation Hospitals
“I like how he broke down the process of a phone call with a donor. It made me feel like I can do that too!”
Ashley Schmitt, The Humane Society of Greater Dayton
“It was obvious, Simon is a seasoned phone solicitor. But, he made phone calls for donations sound simple by emphasizing human conversation.”
“This was the real-world type of information, provided with clarity, humility and humanity, that we can put immediately into action. Thank you!”
Lisa Kalal, United Way of San Diego County
“This was a truly informative webinar, thank you!”
Cheryl Steinhauer, Long Island Cares
"Making phone calls to donors can be intimidating but Simon Scriver broke it down into bit-sized elements which can be used by any sized development department."
Kate Zannoni, Cleveland Museum of Natural History
About Your Topic Expert
Simon Scriver is a professional fundraising consultant, coach, trainer, Board Member and practitioner.
Simon has won Fundraising Ireland's 'Small Budget, Big Impact' and ‘Supplier Of The Year’ Awards, as well as Eircom’s Start-up Award. He is a TEDx speaker and has previously won the Toastmasters UK & Ireland International Speech Contest. A board member of a small non-profit ‘Making Connections’, he also sits on the Advisory Panel of Rogare, the international fundraising think tank, and is a member of the Institute of Fundraising and the AFP.
Simon also offers consultancy to some of the biggest and smallest charities in Ireland and abroad. He offers advice and training to non-profits to make their fundraising more cost-effective, speaking regularly at international conferences. He holds a Diploma in Fundraising and a Certificate in Fundraising.
For more on nonprofit donor relations and aquisition check out these webinars.