A Whopping 90% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
With declining national volunteer rates and healthy competition for the attention of supporters, top notch leadership skills are crucial to retaining qualified volunteers.
Old school, top-down supervisory styles simply aren't working anymore. Volunteers want to be equal partners in mission delivery. At the same time, they need to do so within the limits of your organization’s policies. With the right leadership approaches, applied at the right time, you can keep both sides happy, all while reducing your own anxiety and stress. We’ll show you how.
In this 90-minute webinar recording, we’ll share practical tactics and tools to help you foster a motivated volunteer workforce where collaborative results are achieved and volunteer talents can truly shine.
Your presenter, Tobi Johnson, has supervised countless nonprofit volunteers and professional staff and has built many successful volunteer programs from the ground up. She will share tip sheets and templates, developed from 30 years experience in the field, to help you apply your new leadership skills immediately.
What You Will Learn from this Recorded Nonprofit Webinar
- How to promote a pro-volunteer climate that fosters excellenceHow to accommodate the needs of volunteers from different generations
- How to write motivational, not bureaucratic, volunteer position descriptions
- How to match individual volunteers with the roles that will inspire them
- How to delegate tasks to volunteers using a simple step-by-step process
- How to build a strong sense of volunteer teamwork and accountability
- How to coach volunteers who don’t follow through and get them back on track
- How to fire a volunteer with dignity, if it simply doesn’t work out
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- [Tip Sheet] How to Write a Philosophy of Volunteer Engagement
- [Template] Volunteer Position Description
- [Template] Volunteer Agreement
- [Template] Volunteer Team Charter
- [Tip Sheet] Volunteer Delegation Step-by-Step
- [e-Book] Volunteer Team Building Activities
- [Template] Sample Volunteer Progressive Discipline Policy & Support Plan
- A Consolidated Workbook of all of the above for easy download
- The Webinar Recording & Slides
Not everyone is a “natural” at supervision and leadership, but you can learn! Join us and start building your skills to lead and transform how you get things done.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
"Tobi Johnson was great! Very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and virtually engaging. I will be looking for more of her webinars to participate in!”
Kristen Lenig, Special Olympics Pennsylvania
“The webinar provided so many useful tool for volunteer managers and supervisors. I expect I will be referring to my notes often and using the strategies I learned to build the volunteer climate and help my organization towards excellence.”
Michelle Philippe, Mood Disorders Association of Ontario
“Excellent webinar! I am so excited to use what I have learned to better serve the community I work in!”
Kyle Backman, Wenatchee Valley YMCA
“Very helpful information; especially analysis of what motivates volunteers and how to meet their needs, how to balance strengths and weaknesses of volunteer teams, how to meaningfully recognize and thank volunteers . . . and great handouts for use with volunteers!”
Julie Seagraves, Emerson School
“We really appreciated all the tips and insight shared in this webinar. She provided many great ideas of the next steps to take for our organization.”
Kirk Granum, Habitat for Humanity Mesa County
"Very helpful and engaging webinar.”
Vallisha Dennis, Open Books
"Very concise and clear steps on how to lead volunteers. Good material to refer back to, as well as slides.”
Darlene Houk, Denver Rescue Mission
About Your Topic Expert
Tobi Johnson, MA, CVA is an internationally recognized author, speaker, thought leader in the field of volunteer engagement. She is the President of Tobi Johnson & Associates, a consultancy that helps nonprofits of all sizes strengthen their volunteer strategy, and VolunteerPro, an online learning and networking community for leaders of volunteers.
Tobi is also a contributor to Volunteer Engagement 2.0: Ideas and Insights for Transforming Volunteer Programs in a Changing World, edited by VolunteerMatch.org and published by Wiley & Sons in May 2015. She shares insights and evidence-based strategies to attract, inspire and mobilize top volunteer talent through Tobi’s Volunteer Management Blog.
For more on nonprofit volunteer management and recruitment, check out these webinars.