The CARES Act provides funding for nonprofits who are facing economic uncertainty. This webinar is for those who have not yet applied or are thinking of applying. We will be focused on the Payroll Protection Program with a very limited discussion on Economic Injury Disaster Loans. This 30-minute recorded webinar is both a how-to apply as well as what you need to know about the program. The other part of the webinar is focused on the discussion you might have with your board and staff about the PPP. This webinar will be highly tactical, giving you a quick start guide to ensuring you are ready to access the funds that can help your organization receive vital funds at this important time.
Cherian is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- Our organization planned for the passage of the CARES Act for weeks, reviewing all of the guidance, and was approved for funding earlier this week.
- Advised more than a dozen organizations in the last two weeks on the challenges, opportunities, talking points, and process.
During This Nonprofit Webinar You Will Learn:
- How to understand whether the Payroll Protection Program is for you and how to calculate what you might receive in funding as well as the risks you face
- How to plan for the application including who to talk to, what materials to prepare, and how to apply today.
- How to understand the forgivable part of the loan and what you need to plan for in the next six months
- How to apply for the EIDL if that applies to you and the opportunities and risks
- The Webinar Slides
- The Webinar Recording
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“Mr. Koshy's presentation was clear, concise and very helpful. Love that he respects time of participants too!”
Cheryl Crowell, Cultural Tourism DC
“CharityHowTo webinars are always thorough and well presented. I feel like they always make good use of my time.”
Kay Velardo, Community Counseling Center
“This was helpful and informative. I appreciated how the presenter left time at the end and answered so many questions in a short amount of time.”
Kay Clark, Southwestern Ohio Hemophilia Foundation
“Well informed and engaging presentation on a complex federal program with many special considerations. I already know a fair amount about the PPP and EIDL and still got useful information. Thank you!”
“The presenter rocked! Thank you.”
Bob Crunstedt, Minnesota Swimming
About Your Topic Expert:
Cherian Koshy is a Certified Fund Raising Executive and AFP Master Trainer with more than twenty years of experience. He serves as the Director of Development at Des Moines Performing Arts, one of the nation's premier arts organizations. As a member of the advisory panel for Rogare: The Fundraising Think Tank, he has written a number of articles and contributed to a number of papers on fundraising ethics, professional development, and philanthropy in the US. He was appointed by the governor to Iowa’s Commission on Volunteer Service where he helps advance legislation to support volunteerism and engage Iowans in volunteer activity. He is a co-founder of the Des Moines Fundraising Institute, a non-profit designed to instruct fundraisers on best practices. Nationally, he serves as a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals External Relations and Professional Development Divisions as well as a regular presenter at the AFP International Conference and regional workshops on fundraising.