A Whopping 90% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
During this webinar recording, we’ll show you, in six steps, how to develop training that both engage new volunteers and improves the quality and consistency of the services they offer your organization.
Content delivered is not always content learned. When you’re developing training for volunteers, you need to know the key differences between merely presenting information and actually inspiring learning, and we will show you how!
Your presenter, Tobi Johnson, has over 20 years experience developing training courses for nonprofits. She shares her best advice on how to design training for volunteers that gets them excited about your nonprofit and prepares them to help. You’ll walk away with seven time-saving planning templates and renewed confidence you can create training that sticks.
What You Will Learn from this Recorded Nonprofit Webinar
- Step 1: How to Gather the Information You Need to Set the Foundation for “Sticky” Training
- Step 2: How to Develop Learning Goals for Your Training
- Step 3: How to Choose the Best Methods & Materials for Your Audience and Budget
- Step 4: How to Choose Innovative “Sticky” Training Activities
- Step 5: How to Plan Course Timing So It Doesn’t Overwhelm Volunteers
- Step 6: How to Evaluate Your Training to See if it Worked
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Course Design Planning Worksheet
- Volunteer Training Priorities Spreadsheet
- Learning Objective Worksheet
- Delivery Methods & Materials Matrix
- Learning Activity Options
- Tips for Better Presentation Slides
- Training Agenda Template & Sample
- A Consolidated Workbook of all of the above for easy download
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“My first webinar with CharityHowTo was worth every penny and then some - it provided me with an important light bulb moment that will greatly enhance our volunteers' experience and my own professional worth. In addition to that, there was a tremendous amount of valuable information that I look forward to returning to and harnessing to our benefit.”
Georgia Afton, Little Brothers Friends Of The Elderly
"I just watched the webinar, “Amazingly Successful Events! How to Recruit, Orient & Manage Event Volunteers - A Step by Step Guide” led by Tobi Johnson. It was amazing! Jam-packed with information that I will be able to use for multiple events. Tobi was a very thorough speaker and offered many bonus ideas."
Sheila Weber, State Fair Park
"I'm excited to incorporate what I learned in this webinar into our next Volunteer Orientation."
Regan Smurthwaite, California YMCA
"I did not realize how much was lacking in my training sessions! I will definitely use the information."
Margaret Jenkins, The Mary Campbell Center
About Your Topic Expert
Tobi Johnson, MA, CVA is an internationally recognized author, speaker, thought leader in the field of volunteer engagement. She is president and founder of Tobi Johnson & Associates, a consultancy that helps nonprofits of all sizes strengthen their volunteer strategy, and VolunteerPro, an online learning and networking community for volunteer managers.
Tobi is also a contributor to Volunteer Engagement 2.0: Ideas and Insights for Transforming Volunteer Programs in a Changing World, edited by VolunteerMatch.org and published by Wiley & Sons in May 2015. She shares insights and evidence-based strategies to attract, inspire and mobilize top volunteer talent through Tobi’s Volunteer Management Blog.
For more on nonprofit volunteer management and recruitment, check out these webinars.