A Whopping 90% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
The telephone is an essential part of any event sponsorship strategy...but very often nonprofits are afraid to make that call. By learning how to use the phone well, you’ll see more sponsors say yes faster.
In this recorded webinar, Simon Scriver will teach how to make calls that successfully sell event sponsorships. You’ll learn how to identify the best prospects and how to prepare for the call. Simon will talk you through these phone calls: from opening to ask and everything in between.. .he’ll share a step-by-step guide to making phone calls that work. You’ll also learn what potential sponsors really want.
What You Will Learn from this Recorded Nonprofit Webinar
- How to identify ideal prospects and use your time wisely.
- How to build your call structure and script: starting from a blank sheet of paper we’ll develop what to say and construct the call outline from start to finish.
- How to open a conversation and get people talking.
- How to ask - Learn how much you should be asking for and what potential sponsors respond to.
- How to create sponsorship packages that work: What your sponsorship package should be and what sponsors really want.
- How to handle a ‘NO’: you’ll prepare to hear the common responses and understand how to work with them.
- How to sell beyond the phone call: follow-ups, e-mails, and relationship building.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- The Fearless Telephone Fundraising Checklist - tick all the boxes and make sure you’re ready.
- Corporate Leads Brainstorming template
- The webinar slides
- “What Can You Offer Your Corporate Partners” - A Checklist
- Sponsorship Proposal Template
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“Most webinars I have attended tend to go one with useless information about themselves. This webinar was to the point, gave examples and used common sense.”
“This was very informative and provided a great tool kit as we embark on solicitations by phone! Thank you!”
Kathryn Yuma, Hearts & Horses
“It was informative, personal and very thorough”
Rula Kort, Anera
"This webinar was very thorough and helpful for someone like me who is new to fundraising for non-profits! I learned skills that I will take with me far into the future. Thank you!"
Rebecca Clymer, Bethesda Mission
"Great value and great information on a challenging topic."
Lisa Colt, The Canadian Shaare Zedek Hospital Foundation
“Excellent, practical hands-on info with materials I can use immediately!!
Michelle Witte, League of Women Voters Minnesota
“Simon was great! Very engaging and great content.”
Melanie Carroll, Jonathan's Place / Kid Net Foundation
“This was an excellent refresher on the basics of sponsorship development. It was very helpful!”
Joanie Ewing, Alzheimer's Association
“This presentation was incredibly useful. Whether you are entirely comfortable making cold-calls and are looking for additional insights, or you are starting from ground-zero, needing confidence to even begin the process of reaching out to corporate sponsors, you will find ideas and encouragements here!”
Danielle Kendrick, St. Cloud Christian School
“Simon was great and informative. He has given me more confidence to get out there and sell!”
Amy Hernandez, Urban Harvest
About Your Topic Expert
Simon Scriver is a professional fundraising consultant, coach, trainer, Board Member and practitioner.
Simon has won Fundraising Ireland's 'Small Budget, Big Impact' and ‘Supplier Of The Year’ Awards, as well as Eircom’s Start-up Award. He is a TEDx speaker and has previously won the Toastmasters UK & Ireland International Speech Contest. A board member of a small non-profit ‘Making Connections’, he also sits on the Advisory Panel of Rogare, the international fundraising think tank, and is a member of the Institute of Fundraising and the AFP.
Simon also offers consultancy to some of the biggest and smallest charities in Ireland and abroad. He offers advice and training to non-profits to make their fundraising more cost-effective, speaking regularly at international conferences. He holds a Diploma in Fundraising and a Certificate in Fundraising.
For more on nonprofit events, check out these webinars.