During this nonprofit webinar recording, we will show you step-by-step proven tactics and strategies to successfully create, set up, and use Instagram Stories for your nonprofit.
Instagram Stories is the site’s newest & most popular feature, used by more than 400 million people daily!
Even if your nonprofit is small and on a shoestring budget, there are several benefits to setting up and implementing a solid strategy for creating and sharing Instagram Stories.
- Stories are incredibly popular and run in chronological order - no algorithm here!
- Stories put a more human face on your Instagram and make it more accessible.
- You can share real-time updates about news, announcements, campaigns, events, and more for your organization..
- Create a sense of urgency and relevancy by sharing photos and video snippets as they happen.
During This Nonprofit Webinar Recording You Will Learn:
Step 1: How to Optimize Your Instagram Account to Share Stories
- How to set your Instagram Account up for maximum success with Stories
- A checklist for getting started or improving current efforts on Instagram for nonprofits
Step 2: How to Set Up Instagram Story Highlights
- Don’t want your Stories to disappear in 24 hours? We will walk you through how to save them to your phone or to Highlights.
- How to find Instagram Story highlights on your profile
- How to create Instagram Story highlights
- How to create graphics for your Instagram Story highlights
Step 3: How to Add Videos and Photos to Your Instagram Stories
- How to record, shoot, or upload videos and photos with your smartphone
- How to add text overlay, GIFs, stickers and more to spice up your Stories
- Tools you can use to enhance your Instagram Stories
Step 4: How to Create Your Instagram Story Content Strategy
- 10 ideas for Instagram Stories that small nonprofits can use
- Real-world examples of nonprofit Instagram Stories that build community and engagement
- How to add a clickable link to your Instagram Stories
Step 5: How to Measure Progress
How to use Instagram Insights to track the success of your Stories
Step 6: Put it all together
How to incorporate Instagram Stories into your overall fundraising and social media marketing for nonprofits plan
Step 7: How to Use the Instagram Donation Sticker to drive donations to your nonprofit
Step 8: How to Measure Progress
- How to use Instagram Insights to track the success of your Stories
Step 9: Put it all together
- How to incorporate Instagram Stories into your overall social media fundraising and marketing plans
This nonprofit webinar will feature real-world examples from nonprofits who get it right.
*NOTE - Instagram Stories typically last 24 hours. However, during this webinar we will show you tactics to highlight them on your profile for as long as you want, or save them to your phone to share other places.*
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Worksheet - Instagram Story Brainstorm Activity
- Samples of nonprofit Instagram accounts that use Stories well
- Checklist: Best Practices for Small Nonprofits on Instagram
- E-book: Storytelling in the Digital Age Workbook
- E-book: The Essential Guide to Nonprofit Instagram Stories
- The Webinar Recording and Slides
Q. Can small nonprofits really use Instagram and Instagram Stories?
- Yes! If you already have photos and videos to share, or if you have the ability and the desire to create them, Instagram is a perfect place to showcase your work and your impact! In my work with small nonprofits, I have seen great success with small nonprofits building their community and deepening engagement with their supporters using this platform, and I’ll show you how in this webinar.
Q. Do I have to have a professional photographer or videographer to use Instagram Stories?
- No! In fact, studies have shown that people on Instagram prefer amateur, raw, authentic photos and videos, especially in Stories. Instagram Stories should highlight the behind-the-scenes of your work and they certainly do not need to be professional photo/video quality.
Q. Do we have to have a full-time staff person to manage Instagram?
- No! I’ve worked with nonprofits that only have a part-time executive director that successfully managed Instagram, and I’ve worked with all-volunteer organizations that use it to connect with their donors and build up their community. It is possible if you have the enthusiasm, creativity, and some time to manage it.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
"I thought I knew a lot about using Instagram Stories, but realized there was so much more to learn and CharityHowTo helped me understand how I can get even more interaction with followers using storytelling through IG Stories.”
“This is one of the most relevant social media webinars/trainings I've participated in, ever. It was perfect.”
Michelle Font, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Alaska & Washington
"This was such an inspirational webinar full of fantastic ideas on how to use Instagram Stories and Highlights to generate engagement, build awareness and provide valuable resources. So many great takeaways and Julia has also been so generous with the helpful bonus materials. My head is buzzing…”
Niki Clarke, FurtographyTails
"Very interactive and engaging. Really came away with some practical tools I can use immediately.”
Katy Gross, Littleglobe
"I feel much more comfortable using Instagram Stories to help share our mission and message after this webinar.”
Wendy Fry, Dravet Syndrome Foundation
"I liked that everything was available after the course, so I could concentrate during the webinar. I also like that there is a FB group for questions that might come up later.”
Sharon Lee, St. Francis House
“Great recommendations and ideas!”
Leslie Diamond, Texas Alliance for Minorities in Engineering
“Helpful information since I am a new user to IG. There is so much information to share that a review of the webinar will be needed.”
About Your Topic Expert
Your presenter and social media marketing expert Julia Campbell is on a mission to make the digital world a better place. Through speaking and consulting, she guides nonprofits on the best uses of social media and storytelling to build communities, showcase impact, and advance their causes.
As a former development and marketing director at small nonprofits, Julia understands the frustration and overwhelm that nonprofit digital managers go through. After 15 years of working in the nonprofit trenches and training organizations on the best uses of digital tools, she has created a step-by-step guide to strategically using Instagram Stories to amplify nonprofit causes.
For more on nonprofit social media, check out these webinars.