A Whopping 98% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Recording Rated It As Great to Excellent!
This course is brought to you by a Grant Professional Certified (1 of less than 400 in the world). Diane H. Leonard, GPC is also 1 of only 25 GPA approved trainers.
In this nonprofit webinar recording, we will teach you how to go beyond putting together a grant application. You will learn how to engage the grantmaker by customizing each proposal to include a compelling need statement and SMART objectives.
What You Will Learn from this Recorded Nonprofit Webinar:
- How to use the GPC competencies as a benchmark in advancing your career, specifically:
- Knowledge of strategies for effective program and project design and development;
- Knowledge of how to craft, construct, and submit an effective grant application; and
- Knowledge of nationally recognized standards of ethical practice by grant developers.
- How to write a compelling need statement;
- How to write SMART objectives;
- How to enhance the way you tell your organization’s story; and
- How to increase the competitiveness of your proposals with an emphasis on proposals to foundations.
As a grant professional with at least a few grant applications funded, you have seen a variety of grant guidelines and requirements. You have seen the difference that grants make in your community. Yet you are also always working to build your skills and increase the competitiveness of each application you submit for your employer or your clients.
Whether you are considering pursuing the formal credential during your career or not, the review of these advanced tactics for each competency will help elevate your work as a grant professional. Using the competencies of the Grant Professionals Credential (GPC), we will walk through how to utilize the intermediate level skills for the writing-related competencies in your work.
We will focus heavily on compelling need statements, writing strong SMART objectives, and telling your organization’s story in this recorded webinar.
This Webinar is Perfect for You if…
- You have been a grant professional for 1 year or more;
- You have written at least five funded grant proposals;
- You are looking to improve your grant writing skills to further your career;
- You have participated in beginner grant writing courses, webinars, or trainings.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Skills inventory checklist for the 9 GPC competencies
- SMART objectives worksheet
- Storytelling development guide
- Storytelling in grants worksheet
- The webinar slides
- The webinar recording
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
"It provided useful information on how to improve my grant writing and opened my eyes to what I did not know that I needed to know.”
Jane McKinney, Mid-Cities Care Corps
“This was great, I learned tools to help our new organization get off the ground and get more funding! It was awesome to gain some lists and strategies to add to our toolbox.”
Beth Hunt, LEATHER & LGBTQ Cultural District
“This information is absolutely perfectly timed for my journey; I'm on the verge of entering a more challenging level of grant writing, et.al, and this seminar could not dovetail more perfectly with those new requirements.”
“Engaging and informative webinar; the presenter has years of experience and covered much more than I expected.”
Penny Lutz, Pennsylvania College of Technology
“Diane Leonard is exceptional.”
David Mutton, Citizens’ Committee for Children of New York
“As a professional grant writer, I was skeptical about whether or not I would learn anything from the training by CharityHowTo. This was quickly put to rest. I learned a lot!”
Ricardo Forbes, Lutheran Social Services of Southern California
"As always, Diane was terrific -- she knows her topics inside-out!!! Thanks so much."
Debbie McDevitt, Parisi House on the Hill
"Diane offers clear and concise information applicable to real-world situations."
Jeffrey Cornett, Muskingum County Library System
About Your Topic Expert
Diane H. Leonard, GPC, LST, LSM, LSPO is a Grant Professional Certified (GPC) and Approved Trainer of the Grant Professionals Association. Diane is also a Licensed Scrum Trainer, Licensed Scrum Master, and Licensed Scrum Product Owner through Scrum inc.
Since 2006, Diane and her team have secured more than $65.1 million dollars in competitive grant awards for the clients of DH Leonard Consulting & Grant Writing Services. She is an active member of the Grant Professionals Association.
When not working with her team on grant applications for clients, Diane can be found in the 1000 Islands, out for a run, or drinking a strong cup of coffee.
For more on nonprofit grants, check out these nonprofit webinars.