With a competitive and tight job market looming, now is the time to position yourself and your personal brand for moving up in your fundraising career.
Years ago, your resume was the only summary that existed about you and you had absolute control over it. You could add or omit as needed, portraying the exact picture that you want potential employers to see.
While your resume is still critically important to getting you an interview, today there is a new resume in town – Google.
Nowadays, virtually all recruiters look at your social media….and more than 57% have rejected applicants on the basis of what they have found.. 44% of the time, employers will offer someone a job because they liked what they found about the applicant on Google. A 2018 Harris Poll for Career Building found that about 47% of employers indicated that if they can’t find a social media presence for someone, they won’t bring them in for an interview.
Like it or not, today, the internet rules over resumes.
Join Robin L. Cabral, MA, CFRE, MFIA, Chief Fundraising Strategist and Coach at Development Consulting Solutions, as she takes you through the steps that she used to develop her personal brand both online and offline. Robin will share why building your brand is essential to advancing in your fundraising career.
Whether you are just starting out or you are a veteran fundraiser, Robin will show you how to build a passionate personal brand that elevates your presence authentically, and what you need to emphasize about your skills and achievements to get noticed.
You will walk away from this webinar with all of the tools and step-by-step instructions needed to create a successful fundraising brand no matter your position or length of time in the field.
Robin is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because she:
- Has a twenty-five-year career history as a fundraiser in the field
- Moved up the career ladder from small organizations to larger ones
- Currently is a nonprofit fundraising career coach helping new development professionals excel in their careers through Possibility Coaching
- Holds a MA in Philanthropy and Fund Development from St. Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Maintains the CFRE credential
- And, is an ICC Certified Accredited Career Coach
During This FREE Nonprofit Webinar You Will Learn:
- How to leverage social media to advance in your fundraising career
- How your fundraising resume fits into today’s digital world
- How to create a digital fundraising persona that stands out
- How to make LinkedIn your fundraising best friend
- How to enhance your paper resume in a digital world
- How to master the digital fundraising career advancement world
- And, much, much more!
Bonus, when you register:
- You get a free CharityHowTo account
- Your slides will be added to your free CharityHowTo library
- The webinar recording will be added to your CharityHowTo library.
- When logged in you can browse and add other FREE items to your CharityHowTo library.
- You can access and view your webinar recordings and slides anytime, anywhere.
About Your Topic Expert:
Robin L. Cabral is a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) with over 25 years of experience. Robin has raised millions of dollars assisting nonprofit organizations as a development professional, overseeing all aspects of fund development, from annual funds to capital campaigns and donor communications.
Robin obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology from the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth and a Master of Arts in Philanthropy and Fund Development from Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota. She currently holds the designation of Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) and is a graduate of Leadership Southcoast (2010).
Robin is an active member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and adheres to the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice. She has served on the board of AFP-RI and the National Catholic Development Conference Planning Committee and Professional Development Committee. She has been a conference presenter, workshop leader, roundtable leader, moderator, and facilitator, and was an AFP-RI Conference Planning Committee Co-Chair. She is also an AFP Master Faculty Trainer.
In 2012, Robin launched Development Consulting Solutions to provide outsourced fund development consulting services and interim fund development staffing. She works with small to mid-sized nonprofits throughout the Northeastern United States and beyond.