A Whopping 96% of the People Who Attended This Nonprofit Webinar Rated It As Great to Excellent!
Asking for charitable gifts one-to-one is the most effective fundraising you can do. Research of non-profits shows that 75% of all in-person asks of individuals result in a gift. Those are incredible odds. So, how to get new donors? While we can’t ask in person much today, we can ask by phone, email and video chat, and almost all the best practices still apply.
Yet asking people individually is also the most challenging fundraising you will do, and you need the understanding and tools to do it comfortably and effectively.
Brian Saber, one of the foremost experts in the field, will show you how to use your personal Asking Style every step of the way to from identifying the best prospects for you to soliciting them for quality gifts.
The Asking Styles, developed by Brian Saber’s company, Asking Matters, are a revolutionary way for everyone – staff and volunteers alike - to learn how nonprofit professionals can fundraise in a way that suits their personality and takes into account their strengths and challenges.
During This Nonprofit Webinar Recording on Asking for Donations and How to Connect with Donors, You Will Learn:
- Identify your Asking Style and use it to your advantage
- Identify the prospects you are most suited to solicit
- Develop your personal case for support
- Get prepared to ask
- Set up your meetings effectively
- Understand your role as an asker
- Employ a simple conversation structure that will make your asks work
- Follow up after the ask
* Note: This training comes with a 5-page worksheet to complete during the webinar recording.
You’ll Get These BONUS Materials:
- Anxiety/Excitement Worksheet
- Making the Case: A 15-Minute Exercise
- Step-by-Step Asking Plan Worksheet
- Brian’s Top Ten Ways to Get Started Asking
- An Intentional Conversation Outline
- Responding to Resistance to Meeting
- Sample letters and phone scripts to use during this time of crisis
** Extra BONUS: Each participant will receive Asking Matters’ eBook – “Top Ten Tips on How to Ask for Donations”.
About Your Topic Expert:
Brian Saber is specifically qualified to teach this webinar because:
- He has been in more than 3000 donor meetings and closed more than a 1,000 gifts in his 25-year career as a development officer and executive director
- He has been studying the art and science of asking for gifts for the last 14 years as the president and co-founder of Asking Matters
- At Asking Matters he co-developed the Asking Styles, a system of understanding one's fundraising strengths and how they impact every step of the donor process.
- He has written three books, including Asking Styles: Revolutionize Your Fundraising and Engaged Boards Will Fundraise!
- He is a much sought-after speaker, presenter and trainer and has worked with more than 150 organizations, including the YMCAs of North America, Boys & Girls Clubs of America, the Environmental Defense Fund, U.S. Olympic Committee, Volunteers of America, and the Arthritis Foundation.
President of Asking Matters, has raised hundreds of millions of dollars over 30 years by personally soliciting thousands of donors, coming to understand the art of the ask in a way that few people do. Because of his remarkable experience in asking, Brian has been able to break down the process of asking to its fundamental components, making simple what for many seems daunting. He knows how to persist through his own anxieties, remembering again and again that his success as a fundraiser makes a corner of the world a better place.
Brian has worked in social service, education, and the arts, raising money for his alma mater, Brandeis University, Northwestern University Settlement, and The Children’s Brain Tumor Foundation, among others. He is currently a consultant to various organizations around the country and presents, trains, and writes on fundraising and the art of the ask. Recent clients include the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, the U.S. Olympics Committee, the St. Louis Planned Giving Council, Volunteers of America, the Utah Society of Fund Raisers, and the Salvation Army National Resource Development Conference.
What Attendees Said about This Nonprofit Webinar:
“Brian was such a good and authentic guide to the nuances of asking. I was particularly struck by his humility and his openness, sharing that some of the same things that make so many of us uncomfortable in asking have made *him* uncomfortable too. In my experience with fundraising webinars, this is unusual. I will definitely be back for Brian's other webinars through CharityHowTo!”
Susan Shifrin, ARTZ Philadelphia
“Brian is very knowledgeable on this topic and provided some great insights and valuable materials.”
Laurie Collins, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada
“Brian really took the mystery and fear out of the process and gave us tools to leverage our own asking styles and match our personalities. Can't wait to put this learning to use and find new donors!”
Karen Nemiah, Fair Haven Community Health Care family
“Brian has such deep knowledge and firsthand experience of this topic which really came through in his materials. He demystified Asking and shared uses-friendly materials to immediately put the skills he taught into action. This will be my Go-To webinar!”
Beth Grafman, American Friends of Israel Sport Center for the Disabled
“Excellent webinar! I came away feeling empowered and with a deeper understanding of how to leverage my own asking style for future donation requests”
Suzanne Fratschko Elliott, Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada
“The presenter's knowledge on the subject of "The Art of the Ask" was in-depth and he was able to make personal connections to the material. His personal stories made me feel more at ease with the thought of asking for donations and knowing that everyone is not always a "rain-man".”
Rehka Suryanarayana, It's A Sensory World
“I appreciated the presenter's heart, transparency and honesty in the ask. I think the relationship is the most important piece and we can't neglect that. It was evident he felt the same way.”
Audra Norman, Lifeline Christian Mission
“This was a fantastic webinar that I am hopeful will help me to elevate my effectiveness as a gift officer to the next level! The insights will prove invaluable.
Lisa Smith, Shriners Hospitals for Children
“I've been an ED for over 20 years and I love working with donors, pride myself on being talented at it, yet I found this webinar extremely helpful; plan to implement a number of the concepts shared right away!”
Melissa Lukin, Rebuilding Together Peninsula
“This webinar helped me, as an introvert with anxiety about donor meetings, to feel more confident and recognize the types of donors to approach and the method that best suits my personality.”
Kathe Dalgleish, Huntington Society of Canada
“Excellent information, well presented in an easy to understand format, with appeal to all levels.”
Jillian Baker, Hartford Symphony Orchestra
For more on nonprofit donor relationships and acquisition, check out these webinars.