This is a recorded webinar
Is your silent auction suffering? It’s one of the most abused areas of event fundraising, yet it offers hidden profitability ... with a little TLC from you.
A survey conducted a few years ago revealed that benefit auctions offered such reliable income that fewer than 1% of development directors would discontinue the event after launching it. That said, national averages of auction returns aren’t that strong ... a 50% -60% return in a silent auction is typical. What if your returns could be pushed to 70%, 80% or higher? What if every attendee could be persuaded to donate an additional $20 they hadn’t intended to give? Incremental gains can often make a BIG difference in the bottom line of your event.
What People Are Saying about This Webinar
"The Marketing Savvy Behind Outrageously Profitable Silent Nonprofit Auctions webinar was excellent with lots of fantastic ideas, thank you! We will use what we've learned, very valuable."
Scleroderma Foundation- Greater Chicago Chapter
"The Marketing Savvy Behind Outrageously Profitable Silent Nonprofit Auctions was great. This topic was extremely timely for us! So many great ideas to raise the quality of our already good silent auction. A great webinar. Thank you, thank you, thank you."
Ted E. Bear Hollow
"The Profitable Silent Nonprofit Auctions webinar information was awesome! Our nonprofit has no history of silent auctions, but tested the waters a bit with a few items at a fundraiser last year. As we attempt to grow this component, I truly appreciated the tips and advice offered. With a small staff, we have no time to waste. Thanks for pointing us in a good direction with tried and true suggestions."
Lutheran Schools Association
"I attended the CharityHowTo Webinar: "The Marketing Savvy Behind Outrageously Profitable Silent Nonprofit Auctions". It was interesting and sparked some new ideas about how to make our silent auctions more exciting and profitable for our non-profit agency. The presenter is fun to listen to and is an expert. Her supplemental materials are very informative. I recommend this webinar!
Director of Corporate Development
AIDS Services Foundation Orange County
"I was so glad to have joined "The Marketing Savvy Behind Outrageously Profitable Silent Nonprofit Auctions" webinar it was worth the money."
Grand St. Settlement
Recorded Webinar Outline
In this 1 hour webinar overflowing with photos from profitable (and not-so-profitable) fundraising auctions, you’ll come to understand why your gala is either soaring ... or sinking. Dig out your sale numbers from last year because as this webinar rolls along, you’ll be eager to apply what you’re learning immediately to your data.
- How to discover what guests are clamoring to buy ... without even asking them
- An easy way – and the best method – of analyzing your auction’s current performance so you have a baseline for growth (This also serves as a handy metric to showcase on your resume!)
- How to slip incremental gains into your silent auction to garner a few hundred to a few thousand extra dollars
- One controversial tip guaranteed to reduce your workload, save you a few thousand dollars, and NOT impact your guest’s experience
- Two free tools to make coordinating your army of on-site volunteers a snap
- How to make it oh-so-simple for guests to bid, regardless of those standard cocktail diversions
Enjoy these BONUS materials with your webinar:
- A checklist for the volunteer writing item descriptions. She’ll never again overlook a critical detail that guests must know in order to bid.
- A template to track your winning performance. (This is the statistic you’ll want to show your boss when it’s promotion time!)
- An e-book stuffed with easy (but overlooked) suggestions on improving your guest’s experience. This is divided into the typical guest (aged 35+) and the younger professional -- two completely different audiences with different needs.
- A revealing list will tell you what’s wildly popular when it comes to gala themes.
- An e-book (with photos!) teaching displays done right. If you detest acrylic stands, you’ll find another option to love. If you love acrylic stands, you’ll get insights to make them more affordable.
Presented by Sherry Truhlar, CMP, BAS, CAI: It’s not easy raising money in a recession, but a whopping 76% of Sherry Truhlar’s clients have not only raised it, but danced a happy dance when they achieved record-breaking results. As an award-winning charity auctioneer and mentor to thousands of Auction Chairs, she guides volunteer committees in how to properly plan a gala to achieve higher returns on donated merchandise. Her unique approach has led to recognition in Town & Country, The Washington Post Magazine, The Georgetowner, AUCTIONEER and other publications. When her work landed her on TV with Isaac Mizrahi and Andrew Dan-Jumbo, she packed up her cubicle at GE and launched Red Apple Auctions.