Is your board engaged, excited about your mission and ready for action? During this live nonprofit training webinar, master consultant Gail Perry CFRE will present her Fired-Up System of seven steps to ignite your board's passion and energize its culture. Boards and staff members alike will enjoy this practical, out-of-the box approach for firing-up the well-meaning volunteers who serve on your board.
You'll discover simple new strategies for changing your board's culture, creating new enthusiasm and putting them to work where you need them. You'll learn simple new ways to inspire your board to a higher calling and evoke a deeper commitment. You'll learn new ways to engage your board and get the most out of your board members.
- Why getting them to talk puts the monkey on their back - not on yours.
- The truth about why people even join nonprofit boards.
- What will exactly open your board members' wallets to give to your organization.
- Five critical things board members want - and how you can give it to them.
- How to overcome the "All Talk and No Action" syndrome.
- An innovative new way to discuss important budget and fundraising issues with your board.
- How to focus board members on what's really important.
- How to turn your board members into "sneezers," spreading viral news all over town.
- Four steps to a painless elevator speech.
- How to evoke your board members' hidden passion.
- How Field Trips can awaken new energy.
- Mission Possible: 12 ways to Liven Up a Board Meeting.
- How to bring your mission alive in your board members' hearts.
- Why social time matters - 3 important benefits of social time among board members.
- Understanding group dynamics on your board - and use them to your advantage.
- How to create trust and collegiality on the board.
Your Bonus materials will include a 22 page workbook containing:
- A board member self assessment tool.
- A guide for each board member to create their own elevator speech.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to set up an elevator speech "mingle exercise."
- Facilitator's guide to the board member elevator speech exercise.
- A rating sheet and discussion guide for evaluating and encouraging your board's energy for the cause.
- Guidelines to help set up an innovative and engaging discussion of your fundraising priorities.
- 12 ways to liven up a board meeting.
Gail Perry, MBA, CFRE, is an international fundraising consultant, trainer and keynote speaker. She's author of the Fired-Up Fundraising blog, with an international following of over 9000 nonprofit leaders. She is the best-selling author of Fired-Up Fundraising: Turn Board Passion into Action (Wiley). Her Fired-Up Fundraising approach, developed over the past 25 years as a non-profit philanthropy expert, has helped organizations raise hundreds of millions in gifts and support. Gail works with organizations all over the country to set up successful capital campaigns, build their public profile, engage their communities and secure public/private funding for their missions.
She is the founder of Gail Perry Associates, a Raleigh-based consulting and training firm, and is past President of the Triangle Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, which recently awarded her 2011 Outstanding Fundraising Executive of the Year. She's a frequent guest on nonprofit interview shows, fundraising blogs, and writes frequently for Guidestar, Fundraising Success magazine, BoardSource and many other respected industry resources.
Gail launched her fundraising career at Duke University and then directed the fundraising program at The Kenan-Flagler School of Business, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Ms. Perry holds an MBA and a BA with honors in English from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.